• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MTVR today?

MrChyes

What is all this about waiting for a EUC to clear months after purchasing ? Are you all buying them on govplanet? Govplanets auction pages all state the vehicles must be paid for within 3 days of auctions end and picked up within 8 days after auctions ending. Am I missing something that states you must pass a background check and get an approved EUC?

I'm in the process of filtering through trucks to buy and seeing which is best for me at the right price. Unfortunately I'm in the midwest and most of these trucks are being sold out of California it looks like. Might be wise to just wait to see if any will be sold closer to me haha. Otherwise I'm planning on doing what a few others have done and just driving the big thing back home. I'm afraid my butt would be puckering at every strange noise haha. This coming from someone that is fully aware of what can break even when your taking it easy. I'm just not prepared to fix a big rig on the side of the road so thats concerning. I guess depending on what breaks I could probably fix it if my tools were big enough. After all I have owned several MGs and they never failed to leave me stranded!

What is everyones thoughts on a 1500 mile trip in one of these beasts right off the auction yard?

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is all this about waiting for a EUC to clear months after purchasing ? Are you all buying them on govplanet? Govplanets auction pages all state the vehicles must be paid for within 3 days of auctions end and picked up within 8 days after auctions ending. Am I missing something that states you must pass a background check and get an approved EUC?
MrChyes,

Yes, I complained about that "8 days" being on the truck auctions and GP even sent me an email that I had not picked up my truck after a couple of weeks. I replied to the email and then they replied and said never mind because they know we must wait for the EUC. I guess they send out the same email notice no matter what you buy. So forget what it says on the MTVR auction about picking up within 8 days.

You do need to wait for the EUC to clear before you can even go look at the truck. I waited almost 4 months for my EUC to clear and I called a few times to see if I could just VISIT the truck to see what was wrong with it so I could bring the parts and tools I needed to fix things. But no, GP will not let you anywhere near the truck until your EUC clears.

BTW, there are hundreds of trucks in Yermo that will be up for sale. So don't think you need to hurry and buy one. Take your time and find a good one. There are other threads about what to look for in a good truck.

I drove mine to SLC, Utah and there is a thread about the trip.

MrChyes

MrChyes,

Yes, I complained about that "8 days" being on the truck auctions and GP even sent me an email that I had not picked up my truck after a couple of weeks. I replied to the email and then they replied and said never mind because they know we must wait for the EUC. I guess they send out the same email notice no matter what you buy. So forget what it says on the MTVR auction about picking up within 8 days.

You do need to wait for the EUC to clear before you can even go look at the truck. I waited almost 4 months for my EUC to clear and I called a few times to see if I could just VISIT the truck to see what was wrong with it so I could bring the parts and tools I needed to fix things. But no, GP will not let you anywhere near the truck until your EUC clears.

BTW, there are hundreds of trucks in Yermo that will be up for sale. So don't think you need to hurry and buy one. Take your time and find a good one. There are other threads about what to look for in a good truck.

I drove mine to SLC, Utah and there is a thread about the trip.
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping they are stored somewhere else closer too so I don't have to go so far haha. Might not happen though.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought another 7 Ton. I know we are not supposed to talk about prices but if you take the starting bid and add 5 * 100 then you would get what I paid. I was buying for parts but this second truck looks like it might be OK to drive around. Of course, you don't know until you get to see it because GP doesn't tell the whole story. So now I wait for the EUC to clear and then make another trip to Yermo. The EUC should clear faster this time and I noticed that GP has made some changes to the EUC process. The form seemed easier to fill out this time and when I sent it in to the email address, I got an emailed computer answer within minutes. So that is a nice change.

Dear Valued Customer,

Congratulations on your recent purchase of a GovPlanet item! We have received your email and will be reviewing your EUC information. Should we need additional information, one of our team members will reach out to you. As a reminder the EUC process can take up to 12 weeks from submission to government agencies. This does not include the internal review time.

Should you have any follow up questions, please be sure to respond to this email and include your item numbers.

GovPlanet Team

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I took today off and I worked on the 7 Ton. The forecast was a high of 45 degrees it it may have reached that but most of the snow did not melt. So it was nice enough that I got a lot done.

I was working on fixed a big hole in the cargo cover when I realized that it would be great to have it open like a pickup tail gate. So I rigged up two straps to hold it in place so I could walk on it and repair the cover. It worked great.

I put one hook end through the attachment point on the tail gate and then I had a choice of two places to put the other end of the tie down.

IMG_20200116_101836.jpg

The photo above shows one end on the tailgate and the other end on an attachment point by the seat. It did not work so great because it was low.

IMG_20200116_101902.jpg

A better idea is to attach one end to the tailgate and then the other end to a stave. That way the attachment point is higher and gives about a 45 degree angle to the tie down when the gate is level.

Here is how it turned out.

IMG_20200116_102858.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just so everybody knows, you can remove the fender mud flaps to work on the engine. Here they are in place but they lift right out. Putting them back is a nightmare for me.

IMG_20200116_143205.jpg

And another reminder, there is a hood holder so it will not slam shut on you. It was windy at my place today so I used the hood rod to keep the hood open.

IMG_20200116_143213.jpg

This rod and catch is only on the drivers side but it holds the hood well enough.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put on some Angle Iron so I can mount some LED lights because the headlights are worthless. I do not want to drill any new holes in my truck because I want it to remain as "original" as possible. So I used the holes for the weapons kit to bolt my Angle Iron on. I plan to put some additional iron on the back and then connect it all together so it will be a rectangle above the cab. I will paint it camo once I get it all done.

IMG_20200215_161617.jpg

IMG_20200215_161929.jpg

IMG_20200215_161659.jpg

JMFarms

New to this forum and thought I'd post some pics of what I have done on our truck so far. First thing I did was get a radio and speakers in it. Then lights. Next we are putting a livestock mixer bed on, but have to get the ecm issue sorted first. Lots of great info and people here. Glad I can be a part of it.

Attachments

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished my roof rack/LED light bar frame. Now I need to mount and wire the LED lights. I am also going to add a flat plate of steel for antennas. I have my Ham license and I want to put a few other antennas there too.

It is going to take me awhile to get the rest done because it is really cold this week and we are expecting another snow storm.

It does look a little cheesy but I think once I have it painted and stuff on it then it will look better.

IMG_20200218_162855.jpg

IMG_20200218_162909.jpg

IMG_20200218_162948.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I washed my truck because I wanted mine to look good like Elijah's! But after I washed it, I had problems with the dash lights and instruments because, I found out later, all the breakers had tripped. Even with the breakers tripped, I could still drive back home. My speedo was not working but in the neighborhood the speed limit is 25 anyway.

IMG_20200229_090935.jpg

IMG_20200229_153436.jpg

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I washed my truck because I wanted mine to look good like Elijah's! But after I washed it, I had problems with the dash lights and instruments because, I found out later, all the breakers had tripped. Even with the breakers tripped, I could still drive back home. My speedo was not working but in the neighborhood the speed limit is 25 anyway.

View attachment 791776

View attachment 791777
Thanks for the admiration for my old turd, I washed my interior a while back and to my amusement the tranny and engine temp gauges went crazy. After they dried out they returned to full function

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks