• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spring brakes wont release

aztec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
spring breaks wont release if the emergency brake handle is engaged no air leak into intake if em brake handle is not engaged air leaks into intake the spring break push to override knob when pushed in to override air goes into intake builds air only if em brake handle is not engaged removed lineal SW on em break and checked ok checked q2 valve sprayed brake cans checked treadle valve and

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelreaper80

I had one that would not release. I had to replace my spring brake can diaphragm. It was a $7 piece of rubber. You can get them at Napa. May be the trick......

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We figured this out the other day when I was by his place. the quick release valve in the drivers step had a hole in the diaphragm and was allowing more air to vent than to the spring cans

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks