• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 from California to Georgia

Anyone got recommendations for getting a GAMA Goat from Rancho Cucamomga to Augusta?

Plan to self drive fell through and 4K seems a bit steep.

Spock

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’m going to Cali when my euc clears to pick up my MTVR, I wonder if it would fit in the bed of my truck? If so, it wouldn’t be 4K (;

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goat is 20 feet long, won’t fit in MTVR. That’s the issue with the haul cost, takes up most of a drop deck trailer. Rates around $2/mile for those.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If hes not in a hurry for the goat you would be smart to try to share the shipment costs eli. You may get em both for 4600 shipped together since its close to Atlanta and near the Ritchie brothers yard near you eli. And then forget the recovery costs and possible problems on that 7 ton

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
If hes not in a hurry for the goat you would be smart to try to share the shipment costs eli. You may get em both for 4600 shipped together since its close to Atlanta and near the Ritchie brothers yard near you eli. And then forget the recovery costs and possible problems on that 7 ton
I want to say I did it

For a single float move, sure, but no reason it won't fit on a car carrier if ones headed in the right direction. If it's the going rate, then I pay it, just looking to see what options might exist.

Spock

Jericho

driving it isn't really advisable, long way for a two stroke diesel. Trailer it your self. F 350 will pull it with ease runs around 8000 lbs . I have pulled them many miles with no issues. Even if you had to rent a truck and trailer your still only looking at 1 k get a Unlimited miles truck . Best deals are near airports, If your old enough use the AARP free upgrade!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks