• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804B Circuit interruptor wont stay closed

Texasbosshawg

Working on this 804b and when you release the start switch after 6 seconds it stays running but all my instrumentation goes back to zero and my Circuit intereuptor switch wont stay closed. Trying to find the exact troubleshoot for this.. Tested fuse next to the A1 voltage regulator and it was good. I have 11 volts on pin 7 on the S1 switch when i hold the switch in the start position.. I switched the K15 relay and k14 relay to see if that would work, and Nothing has worked so far..

I would like to test thr volatage regulator but cant remember what terminals to disconnect and try it. I believe it was terminal 1 and 5.. Its been awhile.. Any suggestions or gave a link to the trouble shoot?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Guyfang

Staff member
Working on this 804b and when you release the start switch after 6 seconds it stays running but all my instrumentation goes back to zero( That's because the initial excitation provided by the S1 lights off the main gen, and when you let go, the A1, (volt reg) does not take over the excitation funtion, or there is another problem.) and my Circuit intereuptor switch wont stay closed (This is another probelm, If you hold the A2, (fault malfuntion indicator reset switch in, keep it in, start the gen set, flip up the S7 and then let the S1 go, and the reset botton go, you should get a fault light. What is it?). Trying to find the exact troubleshoot for this.. Tested fuse next to the A1 voltage regulator and it was good. I have 11 volts on pin 7 on the S1 switch when i hold the switch in the start position.. I switched the K15 relay and k14 relay to see if that would work, and Nothing has worked so far..

I would like to test thr volatage regulator but cant remember what terminals to disconnect and try it. I believe it was terminal 1 and 5.. Its been awhile.. Any suggestions or gave a link to the trouble shoot?
I would get the -24 manual out and look up the test procedure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks