• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna AT-677/VR -what is it for?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the AT-677/VR antenna. About 5FT tall, spring loaded base with ball mount. Seems to peak resonance about 155MHz. Other numbers: (99872) 24278-PC-64

Does anyone know what it is for?

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK Mr. Smartypants.. Here is the Frequency / SWR curve. It can be used on the 2-meter ham band, and covers a decent range of requencies. If anyone has MURS or "high-band VHF" radios, this would probably work well. The data was measured with an MFJ antenna analyzer and put in a graph. Still no idea which military radio it might have been used with.

Attachments

sidewinder

If you are not licensed for 2 meters or want to change frequency. On top of the spring under the antenna there should be a 3/8 x 24 thread that you once you remove the top antenna you could put other antennas with different frequency's. These antennas can be found online under amature radio supply stores.

digitaldust

hay i need this

AT-677/VR this is what i need anyone have one ? I'm going to use it on VHF ham radio
please PM if you know where i can get one
Thanks

73 DE-kc8dup

papakb

VHF radio? VHF runs from 30 mhz thru 300 mhz. What radio are you planning on using and at what frequency? That'll determine which antenna you need to use. Some of the newer Shakespeare antennas like the SF-3512s will run all the way up to 512 mhz and are commonly found online. Staying on the low end of the VHF range, <88 mhz, you can use AT-1729s or AS-3900s.

The other question is what are you mounting it on? Gonna look kinda funny on your Lexus!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks