• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

home made tank vent drier

LEOK

Here is Pic of a home made tank drier vent, that 2 lbs of silica gel inside that clear 4" pvc. on top are two check valves with a 1/4 lbs open rating. The top and bottom 2" reducers are not glued. Wiggle the unit out take inside remove the top pour crystal on cookie sheet heat in oven at 250 till blue again. Been on three months outside and still ok. About $70

Attachments

Last edited:

Chainbreaker

That's a nice DIY desiccant vent.

I understand the fuel filter pre-filter but why the "T" and what are the plastic blk/wht pieces doing...Ck valves? I think I would have just used the pre-filter coming directly out the top as it should breath in and out.

LEOK

You can't leave the top side of the gel open or it will collect moisture from the outside. This way the valves keep it closed until 1/4# of pressure in or out. The black tank sits out in the sun all day so it burps, at night when cools it wants air in. Otherwise the warm moist air coming cools and drops its water into the tank. Stole the idea from expensive gear box vents.

synelecpb

Just a quick question; how do you arrange check valves in line so that you get a two way flow of air? If they are put in the line in opposite directions, air can't go in either direction. If they are put in the same direction in line, they block in the same direction, no?

LEOK

look at the Pic they are on T. Both vents are normally closed but will open in one direction with a 1/4 #. Tank breaths in and out through the silica. Been on three months and still blue

LEOK

Finding the right check valves at cheap price was hard
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=119193&catid=489
clear pvc
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Any-Size-Diameter-Clear-PVC-Pipe-1-2-12-Inch-1-5-foot-length/131855689498?var=431203486905&hash=item1eb336271a:m:mkHC3DUhLAgct-hoTr8uEKw
silica
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Quart-Premium-Blue-Indicating-Silica-Gel-Desiccant-Beads-2-LBS-Rechargeable/283327757232?epid=1442270616&hash=item41f7a67bb0:g:OjsAAOSwLr1cL884:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!32358!US!-1
pvc pipe lowes
[SUB][/SUB]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks