• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to convert 24v Injection pump to 12v?

erasedhammer

I were to get a military 24v pump, what would I have to change to make it 12v? Is it just the shutoff solenoid?

Also does anyone know if the stanadyne pumps meant for vans and motorhomes can be used on a 6.5 no problem?

Chaski

I were to get a military 24v pump, what would I have to change to make it 12v? Is it just the shutoff solenoid?

The 24V shutdown solenoid is physically different if my recollection is correct. The pump top for a 24V pump has a hole and connector in it that the 12V pumps lack. You can swap the entire top with shutdown solenoid and be good to go.... I think.

Also does anyone know if the stanadyne pumps meant for vans and motorhomes can be used on a 6.5 no problem?
Yes and no. Stanadyne is pretty good at concealing what the differences are in the DB2 pumps that were used on the 6.2 and some 6.5s. They probably have 40+ variants that have different advance curves, fuel rates,etc. Yes- it will run with any pump off of any 6.2, but it may not run right and have the same horsepower if it was off an emission vehicle, or could over fuel if it was off a turbo application. A good injection shop should be able to go through any pump and set it up with a reasonable calibration for your setup.

Barrman

Yes, just swapping the top covers will get you 24 volt military or 12 volt civilian/CUCV set up. All of the GEP engines I have seen have the protected 5 sided safety Torx screw on them. Be aware a special tool might be needed.

Here is the best listing of the part numbers to tell you what you have that I have found:

http://jhdiesel.com/general-motors/

As pointed out above. Any DB2 made for the Chevy diesel can be used on any 6.2 or 6.5 to make it run. To run correctly should be matched to what it was meant for.

sandcobra164

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?182614-M1028-Fuel-Issues&highlight=injection+pump

Above is a thread on here about my journey in putting a newer 6.5L HMMWV Injection pump onto my 6.2 powered CUCV. Bottom Line Up Front, if the pump you have is calibrated for an N/A motor you should be fine just swapping the top cover which has the shut-off solenoid. You will also run into an issue on the throttle shaft not meshing with the transmission vacuum modulator switch. Other than that, no worries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks