• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A, No output

KLChurch

Follow the numbers - make sure you don't get H and X Side mixed up - the spacing between terminals is different - look very carefully at drawing and transformer - don't forget Wire Bridge between X2 and X3

If in doubt - use Ohm Meter and check for Resistance on either side between #2 and #6

If you measure Resistance between #2 and #6 that is your H Side - Infinite Ohm between #2 and #6 indicates X Side
Maybe I am reading the diagram wrong but doesn't the bridge or jumper go between numbers 3 and 4 on the x side?
Kris

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kris, the reason why I asked this question is because I don't know anything about your DMM....

My DMM displays O.F when nothing is connected to the test leads for infinite resistance

Every DMM is different, in accuracy, the way results are displayed, voltages put out for Diode and Continuity Test etc...

In Germany they have a saying:

Wer misst misst Mist

"Who measures measures manure!

is the 0.L on your DMM the Infinite Ohm / Resistance?

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
X1=X1 = #2
X2=X2 = #4
____X3 = #3
X3=X4 = #5

H1=H1 = #2
H2=H4 = #6

The old T2 had only 5 Terminals, new ones have 8 Terminals, hence the jump/difference in H and X numbers

First column is old T2, second column is new T2 and third column is new T2 terminal numbers - this way you can follow the connection points from old to new

this is electrical stuff

Maybe I am reading the diagram wrong but doesn't the bridge or jumper go between numbers 3 and 4 on the x side?
Kris

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is possible as I did not check your current wiring. This transformer has the start and end reversed on H from the previous 100VA T2

After looking at the diagram now we are fusing the other H wires instead correct?
Kris

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok,

here is my very first Post and Video I posted on SS on 12.08.2013 of Paralleling Genset's like the 002A and 003A and this should be of interest to Brian, as this explains part of the behavior he saw on his Genset when his T2 H1 / H2 Voltage went from 208VAC to 120VAC because Sewersuk basically paralleled one coil with two serial coils, which is basically similar to paralleling any power source, DC or AC

The battery on my very old Digital Camera (Kodak 2004 Model - NON HD - LOL) died during this taping and I have to find all the other 3 or 4 more videos in my backup drives somewhere, I was glad that I found this one here.

Paralleling Genset's

KLChurch

I fused between the trans and the two wires X9Z and X9W that were spliced together when I shipped it to you.
The diagram for the PH250MGJ denotes to fuse X12JJ and X12KK Spliced wires to go between the trans and the spliced wires.
So the fuse would be active on the H2 circuit per the diagram.
Ill check to see if I did it correctly in the first place.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kris, how is it going?

I fused between the trans and the two wires X9Z and X9W that were spliced together when I shipped it to you.
The diagram for the PH250MGJ denotes to fuse X12JJ and X12KK Spliced wires to go between the trans and the spliced wires.
So the fuse would be active on the H2 circuit per the diagram.
Ill check to see if I did it correctly in the first place.

KLChurch

Will finish installing the transformer today plus the fuse holder where Guy suggested.
Had to drill some holes for the trans and the trans because the holes were small.
Kris

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, let's see Kris

1. Please measure the resistance on Rheostat R2 which is your Voltage Adujst on your Front Panel in your cubicle
This Rheostat has three terminal lugs - two of them are jumpered - please set Voltage adjust to lowest, left setting of dial and measure the resistance with the red test lead on the single connection / terminal and black lead on the jumpered connection / terminals

When done with testing please set dial in middle position

2. Please post some pictures of newly installed T2 in your A11 from some different angles

You may want to have a couple spare fuses, we may have to put 3Amp in like in the situation Brian had

After that we should be ready to go

Thanks Peter

Peter,
Is there anything we should test before I install the A11.
Kris

KLChurch

I am still wiring A11. This so far it took a 6 pack. Also Houston is flooded big time. Glad I moved out of Houston 40 miles North.

Fuse holder is installed, but if you put it between the J connectors which I did, you will have a hard time torqueing the holder so it will be tight.

When I finish I will show pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks