• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT-465 back to multifuel

Nomad1

Good point about crap fuel a multi fuel is designed to work with different fuels if needed but not only should it be properly filtered it also are not the best fuel to use
Running crap fuel will do far more damage to the fuel system and engine than worrying about the FDC bypassed . You can't filter out the super fine metals or acids in used motor oil.

rustystud

Please find a thread for me (that's wasn't started by me) that tells how long the battery cables should be. You'd think it would be easy "battery cable length", yeah, no. I spent 5 years in university and my specialty is research (history major).
I know the search function here is pretty bad but as far as the length of a cable goes, just buy a 20ft roll and install it. I went with 4/0 welding cable (bought on eBay) and routed it the way I thought best. I ended up using the rest on other projects. Was it factory ? No, but it works great ! Most questions like yours really don't have easy answers, but they do have easy solutions.

Nomad1

While in this case it may or may not matter as far as the length. Often people think it doesn't when it does. Do that to a hydraulic hose on some stuff and u'll keep having to replace the hose before it's normal life span is up or worse. Just something to think about.
I know the search function here is pretty bad but as far as the length of a cable goes, just buy a 20ft roll and install it. I went with 4/0 welding cable (bought on eBay) and routed it the way I thought best. I ended up using the rest on other projects. Was it factory ? No, but it works great ! Most questions like yours really don't have easy answers, but they do have easy solutions.

rustystud

While in this case it may or may not matter as far as the length. Often people think it doesn't when it does. Do that to a hydraulic hose on some stuff and u'll keep having to replace the hose before it's normal life span is up or worse. Just something to think about.
You have a point there, but then you just take the hose in and have a new one made up according to the original.
Now on a side note here, I took advanced hydraulic training and worked in a shop which made up our own hydraulic products. As long as you know the pressure and volumes you can pretty much determine how much hose you can or cannot use. It's not like the shift timing in a transmission which is extremely critical.

Nomad1

At times changing the factory set up corrects a problem trick is knowing when it is a improvement or if the positives of the change out weight the negitives.
You have a point there, but then you just take the hose in and have a new one made up according to the original.
Now on a side note here, I took advanced hydraulic training and worked in a shop which made up our own hydraulic products. As long as you know the pressure and volumes you can pretty much determine how much hose you can or cannot use. It's not like the shift timing in a transmission which is extremely critical.

7bdiver

Well dang, now you guys got me all freaked out. I was really thinking of starting to use up some of my used oil as fuel, now that the temp is up outside, and diesel is nearing 5 bucks a gallon. My plan was to heat the oil for a while to get any water vapor out of it, gravity filter it through a 5 micron bag, then a 1 micron bag. Mix ratio was going to max out at 5 gallons WMO to 40 gallons of diesel. ( a bucket whenever I fill er up) The oil is used 5-30 Mobile-1, changed at 5K miles out of my gas rigs.

On other WMO forums, I read as long as you filter to 1 micron, you can run WMO mix in pretty much any diesel.

My truck has never been run on anything but diesel so far. 23K miles on it. Just put brand new heads and gaskets on it. The last thing I want to do though is have the pump bite the dust tho.

Out of curiosity, was wondering if anyone has regularly put quality 2 stroke mix in their diesel to keep things like the pump happy. I always have plenty lying around for my dirtbike.

Sure would like to have an old pump to rebuild and have on hand as a backup tho. Good learning experience to have too.

Reactions: HDN

dmetalmiki

This post in wrong place but......................
I spent all my time working.
You want lead, electrical
TM 9-2320-361-24P WP 0193 00
WP is work package see figure 192
page 00193 01 indicates the NSN and the part numbers of the original
They can be used as a search in Part Target which will give the particulars
View attachment 773316

If you want to find how to find anything in a TM FAST send me a PM and I will tell you.
Like the theater play say's...MUCH ado about ( absolutely ) NOTHING>
The simple answer to your question is..
As long as like/want!.

dmetalmiki

And all your questions about Hydraulic heads ,and fuel, And fuel density compensater's, and pyrometer's** And , will it, won't it, run on this that t'other..
ANY diesel engine, (meaning of high enough compression pressure) will run on a 'variety' of fluids.

All of my trucks have the fuel density Compensater's Bypassed.

They ALL start, Run and drive just fine.

Whatever you decide to run on it MUST be CLEAN. .. Or, Cleaned, At least down to one micron.
Will it run..?
The multyfuel mix I prepare, Goes in.
My Detroit engined Diamond T.
OT 65 G Fug.
M35A2 Deuce.
M62 Wrecker.
M54A2. Camper.
M45-530-C. TffT.

Renault Clio Dynamic... Austin Montego. Countryman...Forklift Truck.

Ha!, But not the GMC M135, Nor ,the Packard, Nor the 1942 Ford Jeep ( Of many many years ).

I Never have n' Never will run my vehicles on 'Waste' engine oils

And not the Ural 750cc Mo'Bike.

I do NOT 'drink it'..N' The Katt, dun't 'sup it' either.

NO offense to anyone or Any 'other advice's'.

** I do NOT 'rev' over two thousand RPM. I do NOT 'floor it' on hills.

I 'Cruise' at 45 MPH. That' it.

Juss' My 1/2 penn'eth.

Please note..I am typing all this 'Chat' info only to...Ditract my mind from..the shocking ongoing world problems.. (That ),I am not able.. to..Resolve..

Last edited:

rustystud

And all your questions about Hydraulic heads ,and fuel, And fuel density compensater's, and pyrometer's** And , will it, won't it, run on this that t'other..
ANY diesel engine, (meaning of high enough compression pressure) will run on a 'variety' of fluids.

All of my trucks have the fuel density Compensater's Bypassed.

They ALL start, Run and drive just fine.

Whatever you decide to run on it MUST be CLEAN. .. Or, Cleaned, At least down to one micron.
Will it run..?
The multyfuel mix I prepare, Goes in.
My Detroit engined Diamond T.
OT 65 G Fug.
M35A2 Deuce.
M62 Wrecker.
M54A2. Camper.
M45-530-C. TffT.

Renault Clio Dynamic... Austin Montego. Countryman...Forklift Truck.

Ha!, But not the GMC M135, Nor ,the Packard, Nor the 1942 Ford Jeep ( Of many many years ).

I Never have n' Never will run my vehicles on 'Waste' engine oils

And not the Ural 750cc Mo'Bike.

I do NOT 'drink it'..N' The Katt, dun't 'sup it' either.

NO offense to anyone or Any 'other advice's'.

** I do NOT 'rev' over two thousand RPM. I do NOT 'floor it' on hills.

I 'Cruise' at 45 MPH. That' it.

Juss' My 1/2 penn'eth.

Please note..I am typing all this 'Chat' info only to...Ditract my mind from..the shocking ongoing world problems.. (That ),I am not able.. to..Resolve..
I totally agree, never use "old motor oil" . Your just borrowing problems for yourself. Now if I had that $5,000.00 centrifuge I would go ahead and use any motor oil I could get my hands on. Since I don't have a centrifuge and don't plan on ever having one, I'll just stick to good old clean diesel fuel.

rustystud

Well dang, now you guys got me all freaked out. I was really thinking of starting to use up some of my used oil as fuel, now that the temp is up outside, and diesel is nearing 5 bucks a gallon. My plan was to heat the oil for a while to get any water vapor out of it, gravity filter it through a 5 micron bag, then a 1 micron bag. Mix ratio was going to max out at 5 gallons WMO to 40 gallons of diesel. ( a bucket whenever I fill er up) The oil is used 5-30 Mobile-1, changed at 5K miles out of my gas rigs.

On other WMO forums, I read as long as you filter to 1 micron, you can run WMO mix in pretty much any diesel.

My truck has never been run on anything but diesel so far. 23K miles on it. Just put brand new heads and gaskets on it. The last thing I want to do though is have the pump bite the dust tho.

Out of curiosity, was wondering if anyone has regularly put quality 2 stroke mix in their diesel to keep things like the pump happy. I always have plenty lying around for my dirtbike.

Sure would like to have an old pump to rebuild and have on hand as a backup tho. Good learning experience to have too.
About rebuilding injection pumps. Have you read my tutorial ? I go through most steps in completely rebuilding a Multi-Fuel injection pump.
About additives, I always add "Opti-Lube XPD " to every tank of diesel fuel in very vehicle of mine which runs diesel. That includes my 2019 Silveradeo with the DuraMax. Also all my diesel generators.
It is one of the best diesel fuel additives out there. I also use a good Bio-cide like "Bio-Bore" .

7bdiver

Thanks Rusty. I'll look for that additive. Now I've got to get myself a waste oil burner, cause I've got a lot of oil. Suppose I can still use my filters on used hydraulic oil. I'm pretty sure I can get ahold of that.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Rusty. I'll look for that additive. Now I've got to get myself a waste oil burner, cause I've got a lot of oil. Suppose I can still use my filters on used hydraulic oil. I'm pretty sure I can get ahold of that.
Do not get any of the bio guard or bio Kleen or biocide product on your skin. Very bad stuff for us too.

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mix ratio was going to max out at 5 gallons WMO to 40 gallons of diesel.
I run straight diesel because I don't have a place to store the set up. But, I have spoken to someone who had told me they mix 50-50 in the summer and only 25% wmo in the winter.

rustystud

I currently run…
60% wmo
40% diesel
10% gas
That's a pretty good ratio, though I would use a little more gasoline. The gas will help to "cut" or thin out the waste oil. That's pretty close to what the military taught me to run in combat situations, though we would use clean engine or transmission oil.
I still remember the instructor saying "Your out of fuel and the enemy is closing in on you. There is ten gallons of diesel, ten gallons of gasoline, and a fifty five gallon drum of engine oil left in the motor pool. What do you do ? " . The answer is add the diesel and gas, then top off with engine oil.

williamh

If it’s eow situation. I’m poring everything in the tank that’s not h2o and “ holding petal to metal “ , that truck was designed to do it and damed if I’m not going got get outta dodge 😱

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks