• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV electrical problem please help. Headlights out no volt meter and no wait light

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My PBC box went out and replaced it with another but no wait light, Headlights, volt meter. Wait light blinks on the crank. Just where are the circuit breakers? I know of the one next to the steering column but that should be self resetting. What an I missing????? Also not getting the "thump" from the PBC box. Is there a manual reset breaker somewhere?

Thanks guys,

Mark

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

Did you unhook your batteries when you changed your box?

There are no circuit breakers in that system.

Did you get the correct temp sender for the box you installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did disconnect the batteries but found water in the old box so something shorted out. Would a bad temp unit cause these issues? I don't believe so. The boxes had the same model number. I put the dried out control box back in just for testing and it has the same issue. No headlights but does have running lights. No wait light and dash bat gauge is not working and is all the way red so no power. I did today changed out the glow plugs.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

Do you have a keyed start switch? Or do you still have the original start leaver?

If you have an aftermarket keyed switch that is likely your problem. Remove it and put the factory piece back in.

If it’s not that it is likely a ground issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papakb

The only box that "thumps" is the original Prestolite PCB. That thump is the main power contactor pulling in. Everything after the Prestolite box didn't do that. Go online and find yourself an S3 box, one with the additional small connector on the side. They use a temp sensor instead of a glow plug controller so they get changed as a pair. Do a little search here on SS and you'll find several good posts about what goes together and what the latest and greatest configuration is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks