• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A cover

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though they are getting harder and harder to find, I would think a canvas top shop could fab up anything you'd like.

Bmxenbrett

Those dont look canvas but they do look very weathered. I bet a bigger grill cover will fit well....or else you just found a new business opportunity.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think they are canvas, but if the material is good enough for use on 18 wheel tractor trailers, it'll probably be OK to toss on a generator.

Chainbreaker

just Google "Custom Outdoor Covers" you will get lots of hits to select from.

Here is just one.

I think it all comes down to the type of material you want to use. Heavy Duty (truck tarping material) vs something like the cheap tarp material (typically sold at the Big Box stores) that lasts maybe a couple of years before the UV and wind shred it.

Kenny0

No matter what you use, make sure it's breathable. Something that is not breathable can let moisture condense on the inside and not be able to get out. Something that is breathable will keep liquid water out, but let water vapor escape. Do a search for "tarp corner protectors". They should make your cover last a lot longer.

mavucci

Just got a quote back from Transhield for a cover for the 802. $276 for the cover and $65 to ship to Massachusetts. Totalling $341 for the cover. I think i will stick to my $25 stall mat that covers the top. and lets air flow thru the rest of the unit.

Attachments

rcamacho

Just got a quote back from Transhield for a cover for the 802. $276 for the cover and $65 to ship to Massachusetts. Totalling $341 for the cover. I think i will stick to my $25 stall mat that covers the top. and lets air flow thru the rest of the unit.
Wow
That’s expensive for what it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks