• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2019 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally (19SSGR) - Georgia Military Vehicle Rally

2dogsafightin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On Site as of dusk on Monday. Got kind of set up. I recognized Gunner Mack's 109 but did not get a chance to talk to anyone. I will make the rounds tomorrow.....Safe Travels al

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, so an announcement and some pics.

A. Announcement
Received an email from Durhamtown this morning saying they will be unable to have a staff member at the rally field to sell armbands, so all attendees will need to hit the lodge to pay their armband (spectator, driver, passenger) and lodging (camping, cabin, power/water spots) fees. Just hit the lodge first, then come to the field.

Also, please make sure your friends and family attending receive this info. I've also posted it on the rally Facebook page.
armbands.jpg

B. Got my truck and the rally trailer serviced and washed today. Still a lot to do tomorrow. I need an assistant.
20191014_182500.jpg20191014_182512.jpg20191014_182520.jpg20191014_182532.jpg20191014_182534.jpg20191014_182547.jpg

I had forgotten how much surface area there is on a 24' trailer. I used to have a 28' enclosed trailer but sold it a long time ago.

Looking forward to being in an area with no cell reception.

Welder1

My son-in-law Chris and my 6-year old grandson Travis are coming down Friday evening and staying through Saturday. My grandson is at the age where all he thinks about is Army Army Army. He loves my M35A3 and all my other stuff. He is so excited about coming he can hardly stand it. :) :smile: :smile:

Gary,

What time is your son in law arriving? We are planning a fairly large dinner Friday night should have plenty that night let me know. Probably eat at 6:30

Eddie

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary,
What time is your son in law arriving? We are planning a fairly large dinner Friday night should have plenty that night let me know. Probably eat at 6:30
Eddie
I'm not certain what time they will be arriving. It may be later but I should know something soon. It depends on when my son-in-law can leave work and the traffic on Friday. Thanks.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so an announcement and some pics.

A. Announcement
Received an email from Durhamtown this morning saying they will be unable to have a staff member at the rally field to sell armbands, so all attendees will need to hit the lodge to pay their armband (spectator, driver, passenger) and lodging (camping, cabin, power/water spots) fees. Just hit the lodge first, then come to the field.

Looking forward to being in an area with no cell reception.
All this time and nothing has changed.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
We are inbound, if anyone breaks down and needs a tow bar pull in this week call or text me posting in both threads for max visibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaving out early in the morning and we will stop over tomorrow night.. get the the rally mid day thursday. ill be in b2 on the campgrounds. if anyone is looking for the parts they asked me to bring

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok folks, last minute stuff:

I have a little bit of last minute loading to do in the morning, but you know how that goes, so I'd anticipate my arrival to be around 10am-ish and I'm bringing the rally trailer with me.

When I get there, I'll need some volunteers to help assemble the mess tents, tables and chairs and we'll need to put out the hand washing stations.

I will have the 2019 shirts with me and some leftover 2018 shirts which we'll be selling at reduced prices.

IMPORTANT: If you're going on the Hardball Convoy on Saturday, you'll need to pay Durhamtown at the Lodge, since they won't have a table at our field this year. And on Saturday morning, once you line up for departure, STAY WITH YOUR TRUCK AND LOOK FOR THE GUY IN THE YELLOW SAFETY VEST. He'll be collecting pictures of insurance cards.

Sorry for the yelling. Please pass this along to your friends and fellow attendees.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Delay leaving this morning. We were hooking up the shop van/pantry to the first trailer when we had a sudden brake failure. Hole in the long line between the hydrovac and the middle axle. John and Marty have gone to the club compound to rob one off of one of the deuce frames I own. We first thought it was the MC, but John has ruled that out. Otherwise we would have been there around noon (leaving here about 8:30), now it will be closer to 1pm, or later leaving here. Please relay to those there as cell service is spotty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks