• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2019 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally (19SSGR) - Georgia Military Vehicle Rally

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plus I was pissed that this wasn't taken care of when Mike gave B12 away.

Another Ahab

So sorry 2 dogsafightin. I was offered B2, or across the street in the chicken house field. I rejected those because of the sun, and the closeness to all the dust producing activities. The dust is bad enough over at B11-12, it's really bad along the drive into the field.
Nobody with a tank truck to water the road in the mornings?

michigandon

Geez John, looks like several folks, me included, will not be attending this year. :|
And this is the first year in several that I've actually been able to make it back! My wife is coming down with me for the first time as well.

Almost sounds like I picked a poor year to make a re-debut.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, I see nothing has changed with the sh1t show that is Durhamtown. Should be an easy refund on the CC but frustrating all the same.

The RAM and new trailer are loaded and ready to go. Probably get to the hotel Wed night and out to DT Thur AM.

I have part of Gimpy's stuff with me.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I serviced my deuce and 1061 trailer I'm pulling, but I haven't loaded anything yet. Life has gotten in the way of my plans so I'm having to wait until the last minute to get everything together and loaded. If anyone needs anything moved to the rally from the North Georgia area I will have some room this year.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Report from Duramtown,

Arrived today about 3pm, Jeepsinker beat me by a day. He called last night and said the field was covered with dirt bikes, most all gone now. Currently we are the only ones here, expect some others tomorrow. Have a safe trip everyone

by the way , its supposed to be in the 40s this week
Mac

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be in by noon tomorrow if I can decide on something to drive. Hope to convoy with Microjeep.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nobody with a tank truck to water the road in the mornings?
Yes, they have a water truck. We can ask that they use it to keep the area damp to reduce dust. Getting them to do it is another story. My little Guatemalan buddy did it for me one year any time I asked.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son-in-law Chris and my 6-year old grandson Travis are coming down Friday evening and staying through Saturday. My grandson is at the age where all he thinks about is Army Army Army. He loves my M35A3 and all my other stuff. He is so excited about coming he can hardly stand it. :) :smile: :smile:

sandcobra164

Today was load-out day, Welder1 and I should be on ground Thursday around lunchtime. It doesn't look like much but up front I have a huge Kent Moore 4-29109 engine stand for Jeepsinker, 55 gallons of diesel for the return truck, a MEP-802A Generator for Wheelspinner, GMTK Toolbox, Hunter Medium Towbar Set with all the adapters and half a bed of firewood. Also a plastic tote for Elijah. Thank God for Forklifts but we still had to work hard and get dirty. I forgot to get a picture but Mr. Eddie even put my boys to work filling up the plastic tote with smaller pieces of wood to the very top! I hope for a Safe trip, uneventful would be nice too! See ya'll Thursday!

Attachments

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be heading down Friday morning & should make it there before noon, everyone have a safe trip!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was planning on driving down Friday and stay till Sat noonish, but I just picked up a job clearing a housing development, so it's work Friday and Sat, saving up for an M917 for the grading business!!

Maybe next year......
Just remember to remind me before hand on bidding and i will keep certain fingers from clicking their mouse button to bid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks