• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric connector nomenclature

Mustangsud

Can anyone tell me the nomenclature of these connectors.
5 pin 1”, 5 pin 2.25”, and 3 pin 1”. I need to get some cabling put together to actually use my gen sets. Any suggestions on buying these mil cables?
E5A1AAC9-2EC7-4A47-B75F-BC7A4BD719C1.jpgC5FD1103-F6C9-4AAE-A24D-B2C127D3A28B.jpgCDCAC056-7EDF-4574-ABA5-F5EEF4406392.jpg

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to know the genset in question, then start pouring through the -24P on it (if available) to determine part numbers.

robertsears1

On the second picture, you can see 16-10. The others probably have a number if you can look straight at the plug. Putting 16-10 military connector in ebay brought up several that looked correct and the descriptions had more complete part numbers but they look to be pretty proud of them.

Robert

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The first one is a 40a power input. It labeled. The generators with air conditioners usually have those so you can run the ac from separate power. The second connector looks like a 120v output that you would connect a convince outlet to. The third pic looks like it would be for some type of remote control. More info is needed on the generator and what the pictured connectors are on.

Chainbreaker

Is there a TM available for the PWR Distribution Box you have? If so, you should be able to find the nomenclature on the input/output connectors. There also has to be a schematic for the dist. box that may help.

mcii

William Perry will have the smaller 2 items, I am unsure if he will have the largest one, yes I can read the id plate above the large connector, but it sure looks like a 60 AMP connector , I have several of these, these plug typically into what amounts to a 50' extension cord with mating connectors. just like a typical extension cord only these Mil type connectors , what I have is not for sale however. number for Perry co is 502~893-8724 goes by Bill super nice guy and knows his stuff inside out. I would ask on the largest connector he mite have or know where to get.. it is late im tired but later this morning I will confirm what I have against what you are showing us and let you know..
best: mac/mc

mcii

I think Suprman is near spot on, this looks like a parallel purpose connector used to connect 2 sets into dual/combined output, I do have these, but better news is I seriously doubt u need or would ever use this feature. And yes the smaller 3 pin female is most typically used to help distribute 120 vac single phase into several schemes and I know Perry has those as I recently bought several dozen of them. most typically the Tent or Shelter power support systems use this type outlet, feeding into a pre made harness and duplex 120 volt outlet scheme If you have not done so, check the various storage boxes on the doors of your set, most always they contain the paralleling cable rolled up and available for use.

Best: mac/mc

Mustangsud

Some info on the pics. The pic on the left is the 40 amp 3 ph input into distribution box. The second pic is a 120 10amp 1ph outlet on the distribution box. The third pic is a 208 3 ph power receptacle on a 18,000 btu AC unit.

I have have several other items, such as a water pumping unit that take the same connector as the 40 amp on the distribution box. I have various gen sets 5-30kw, all MEP’s

Thanks for for the Help!

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Some info on the pics. The pic on the left is the 40 amp 3 ph input into distribution box. The second pic is a 120 10amp 1ph outlet on the distribution box. The third pic is a 208 3 ph power receptacle on a 18,000 btu AC unit.

I have have several other items, such as a water pumping unit that take the same connector as the 40 amp on the distribution box. I have various gen sets 5-30kw, all MEP’s

Thanks for for the Help!

Another place to find that info, on at least the older sets is the -34 manual, if they break out the wire harnesses. The repair info of the harness includes the wire number, wire size and connectors, by part number. Then you look up the part by manufacturer, and normally they have a list of connectors and plugs. The MEP-002A up to the MEP-007A all have this info in the -34 TM.

Edit: I you give me the model numbers of the D-Boxes, I might have to TM's for them.

Mustangsud

Another place to find that info, on at least the older sets is the -34 manual, if they break out the wire harnesses. The repair info of the harness includes the wire number, wire size and connectors, by part number. Then you look up the part by manufacturer, and normally they have a list of connectors and plugs. The MEP-002A up to the MEP-007A all have this info in the -34 TM.

Edit: I you give me the model numbers of the D-Boxes, I might have to TM's for them.
The model is M40 A/P

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks