• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 cargo bed zeppelin fm3 installation

Juanri23

Hi steel soldiers.
I want to begin this post because i have a little problem, i want to fix an zeppelin fm3 shelter on my m1078 cargo bed Screenshot_20190817_040048.jpg but the problem is the shelter is longer t'han the bed, what way you recommend me?I thing this two ways.:
1_: welding piece in the subchassis of the truck to the measures of the shelter and mount the anchor points in the sane measures of the Anchor holes of the shelter?
Screenshot_20190817_014211.jpg
2_:install on the shelter structure an Anchor hole in the end place of the back of the bed?
Screenshot_20190816_214152.jpgScreenshot_20190816_214718.jpgScreenshot_20190816_213923.jpg
This Orange is that i want Finally to do... I tnink is a very good option but.
Gona be more t'han 4 meters high mount ed on it?
What you recommend me?
Somebody do something like this?
I want this way to have the option to unmount the shelter and go offroad with Stewie. Could be amazing. I Will send some photos of what i told i need check how.
Thank you everybody

coachgeo

remove subframe from the chassis?.. replace with the subframe that comes with a used flatbed tow truck along with all the hydraulics? Put small wheels at ends of box so it can roll off as you use tilt and winch to lower it too ground. Still might need some ramps to bridge the gap between how low the tow bed can go and the ground. The truck the tow bed comes off of probably not as tall as LMTV. Another option is to put very strong legs couple feet high so box contacts ground sooner as you lower it to ground..... and similar legs near front that can be attached as box nears end of tow bed? This leaves box couple feet off ground when camping..... be it good or bad.

If no subframe comes with Tow flatbed... then reuse the OEM one or one not quit as tall that is home brewed? Look into how you can attach front end of tow bed; once it is in transport position, with captured spring system to allow for flex?

Juanri23

Your idea i tot ally perfect but i undestand to buy a platform crane no? How much Will cost, i think expensive or like imposible to find in spain.... Screenshot_20190820_030932.jpg
I think this guy needs to wels an a shipping container on the square without holes... It Will work no? What you think?

coachgeo

you back up under it, chain it to preplanned hooks.. and drive pulling it forward tilting the legs back to neutral, thus lowering it onto the bed. then clamp it down with your proposed standard Zeppelin anchors. stow the legs away.

would probably want to design in some guides that help the box settle exactly how you want it on the chassis.

coachgeo

Gonna see how to resolve.... There is no Anchor points in the cargo bed of m1078, right? Need to weld on it i think
There is some pockets you might can incorporate. You also may want to modify the front or rear bed mounts to captured spring to accommodate for frame flex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks