• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Valve- front rear tire R

saratoga

I'm having trouble building air pressure in M1089.

After I turn off, I hear hissing from the pictured valve around the bottom gasket. muffled when i cover with hand

is it stuck or do i need to pull lines off and have rebuilt?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cage the brakes but for heavens sake not if there are any grades or on public roads.

saratoga

caged when i towed from govplanet. level grade on property, ill tow with grader

cant figure out why it went out of no where.
local guy came over and told me i was engaging trans and releasing brake in wrong order. could i be doing something wrong?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's got a rubber diaphragm that went out. The rubber is probably 10yrs old if not older. It just gave out and and started venting. Better than it going out and applying air to the brakes locking them up and not venting. This happens alot on trucks primarily used offroad. Junk can get under the flap and cause issues

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The order of brake release/ putting in gear has nothing to do with anything. Simp is right, these parts are old and used low quality non-milspec commercial components to begin with.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Haldex # N50004D or E. Just google or ebay search. Really any R12 valve would work but you may have to have bushings to adapt to the port size fittings you currently have

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are just JIC on the big hoses they will just swivel right off. The 2 or 3 dot fittings should come right off as well.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Your old one should have a tag on it. If it does not then post a pic of the valve and how many ports say Del, serv, sup.

It is an R12 valve more than likely i doubt its an R8 . They can have a few various forms of look but serve the same purpose

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Also take a pic of a more general location on the truck. I see another relay valve in the background behind it. Relay valves are usually on each axle set

BRob18E

**** Wes, I must say, the more I read on this site the more I respect your knowledge. You sound like me, I'll dig into anything, but you have tons of experience with all the military vehicles and your knowledge helps many. Keep up the good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks