• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 starting issues.

Thomas_G

So I replaced batteries and everything was perfect. Next day go to start, turn key 13.5 volts, push button ....nothing. No click anything. Replaced push button starter, still nothing. Wires to starter tight. Anyone have this issue? Possible relay? Can anyone post the starter part number if they have or even have a spare for sale.

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are dozens of 39 year old connections between the batteries and the starter. I would start by poking around with voltmeter to see what's up before buying a starter.

Ajginnetti

I had 2 m916 trucks that needed solenoids as they had 24 volt solenoids in the dash instead of 12 volt.
both had just come from rebuild.
So I replaced batteries and everything was perfect. Next day go to start, turn key 13.5 volts, push button ....nothing. No click anything. Replaced push button starter, still nothing. Wires to starter tight. Anyone have this issue? Possible relay? Can anyone post the starter part number if they have or even have a spare for sale.

Hammer

13.5 volts on the gauge, or with a voltmeter?
And have you tested the voltage AT the solenoid in the dash?
On both of my M920s I have had to jump that solenoid to get it started sometimes. After it starts once, it starts again like it should.

Hammer

Hmm, speaking of which, I need to bypass that stupid shifter switch for starting.
If the truck dies for whatever reason, you have to put it in neutral to start again. Not cool when you are rolling down a highway with no where to pull over! Ask me how I know that one!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks