Thread: passenger door

MVPA
    Thanks

Default passenger door

I have a passenger door that I cannot open from the out side or the inside, is there a trick to this when this happens.
    1953 REO M35a2 Multi fuel Deuce /NJ National Guard
    1954 Checker Cab M105a2 also from NJ National Guard
    1989 M932a2 tractor w/w converted to a M932a2 troop transport, with 3' removed from a 14' drop down side bed. MB AFB
    1967 M105a2 ?
    1970 Kaiser M816 Wrecker Cummins
    1973 AMG M35a2c w/w Multi fuel Deuce

General
    Thanks

If you are referring to the M39, M44, 800, and M939 trucks there could be a couple of problems.

Make sure the inside door latch is pulled up as apposed to down. Down is the combat lock. It may help to remove the inside door handle and check to see if the shaft turns and that the door handle isn’t a problem. Remove the outside door handle to diagnose. The door handle has a square shaft and may have rounded. Remove the two screws that hold the door handle on to check the shaft for wear, twist or if it is rounded. If it looks good, then look in the opening that the handle came out of. If the door latch is rounded instead of square, the door latch will have to be replaced. If the combat lock isn’t engaged the door can be opened from the outside. If the latch is rounded, a screwdriver placed diagonally in the hole and an adjustable wrench usually works.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrounger For This Useful Post:

CHIEFSONN (08-17-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

Will try this tomorrow, Thanks
    1989 M932a2 tractor w/w converted to a M932a2 troop transport, with 3' removed from a 14' drop down side bed. MB AFB
    1967 M105a2 ?

I'm the dude, man. Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,082 Times in 3,107 Posts

If the lock it just broken and or froze up and wont do anything then I cut the heads off of the door hinge bolts on the outside and knock the bolt out. Or if you can get them out. This will allow the door to come off without risking door damage by trying to pry it open at the lock end
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1984 AM General XM923A4 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, Oshkosh 55000 Transfer Case, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simp5782 View Post
    If the lock it just broken and or froze up and wont do anything then I cut the heads off of the door hinge bolts on the outside and knock the bolt out. Or if you can get them out. This will allow the door to come off without risking door damage by trying to pry it open at the lock end
    Are the door hinge bolts on the outside on the 939 trucks threaded into the hinge or are they just slip fit with the nut on the end? I can't get mine out and I don't want to twist the head off the bolts then I would be really in a fix. Thanks for any info.

General
    Thanks

The hinge bolts just slip in. I havenít had to remove any from my M939ís, yet. However, on the M39 and M800 series, I have not been able to remove one without damaging it. I find it easier to replace the hinges. Kroil and an impact bit driver is your friend on the counter sunk Philips screws.

MVPA
    Thanks

I want to thank you all that gave me there suggestions. The passenger door has been removed.
    To remove the door on my M932a2 that I could not open with the handle from either the inside or the out side and what I had to do was:
    remove the three nuts/bolts holding the passenger side mirror on,put that aside. from inside kick it outward on the hinged side fwd end of the door. with enough space between the door and the front of the cab I then removed the cotter pin holding the door that prevents the door from opening to much and hitting your mirrors.
    At this point I had the fwd hinged side of the door out a little. I still could not get the after part of the door with the latch open. I think if this was to happen to any one that does not have keyless entry like I have you would be able to have the door removed with soldier B at this time.
    What I had to do next was to use 2 motorcycle tire irons to pry the door fwd and out at the lower corner and to get from the top a thin pry bar to get the door lock pushed inward passed the door lock on the door frame.
    Once free and opened with soldier B my Son I rehung the door with the side mirror and then I checked the door locking mechanism,outer door handle all seemed to be good,grassed all moving parts reinstalled.
    With that taken care of I tested my keeless entry function that too tested positive. when I installed my access door cover I did not put in the lower screws beneath the door frame so as if this ever happens again i will be able to get access to what I need to inside the door.
    Last edited by CHIEFSONN; 08-18-2019 at 18:29.
    1967 M105a2 ?