• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 air pack issue

mattgunguy

Got an issue with the ol air pack & not much time to deal with it. I'm sure the answer is here somewhere. But as said, time is short. Truck supposed to be headed to Kentucky in two weeks.

Taking off from a stop light today I had to put the pedal to the floor as some moron didnt feel the need to stop for their red light & I'm not down for running over anyone.

When I released the brake pedal the air system dumped out of somewhere. Managed to limp home in low gear at a crawl (maybe 3 miles).

I've narrowed it down to dumping the air supply out of the slobber tube attached the big round valve looking thing on the top front of the air pack (sites being cranky about my pictures). I can hold my finger over the slobber tube & start building air pressure again.

Can I assume that there is a valve before the slobber tube which is most likely stuck open. Probably in the round thing on the top front of the air pack? Is there a simple way to fix this, or will I be needing a rebuild kit / new air pack?

mattgunguy

Up and going again. Thanks for the help deuceman & floridianson.
Scott (77amg) is taking the 818 to Kentucky tomorrow. So prayers for a safe trip for him & family are appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks