• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks for letting me in

Ffer12

I’m working on a 51 M38 L-134 carter 637ys carb
Been working on it for a few months, body n engine. Got it running:):)

on on my first attempt to start I used an electric fuel pump to make sure fuel was getting to carb. I sprayed quick start solution n engine started after three try’s and it would accelerate very nicely, no hesitation or bogging down

then I went with the mechanical fuel pump. Cranked it up, it ran but after a few seconds the carb blew. Started leaking n gas was being pushed into fuel filter with lots of pressure

next t installed a fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge n quick start n it started, but will not start immediately after turning the engine for a while. I have to use quick start. Fuel pressure is at 3 to 3.5 psi and engine will not start on its own and when running it will not accelerate, it bogs down when I press the pedal. So that’s where I’m at. Trying to figure what my next step will be

can anyone help suggest of whatever you can offer in tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

FFer12. From Central Texas

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and the hobby.
I have the same issues with my V8 engined (Ford W.O.T. Stuart Tank) WW2 jeep.
So I today ordered a complete carburettor gasket and repair set.

Ffer12

Thanks for the welcome. I’m going to try to work out the problem. It accelerated fine before the carb kit installed and before the carb blow out
im going to hook up my electric fuel pump to the regulator n pressure gauge n try it If it works it will tell me that the mechanical fuel pump is not working properly. I think????
Good luck with your repair gasket n kit
FFer12

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome, fuel problems are a domino process. Has the tank been cleaned? Have you done a carb rebuild? Carburetors that have been sitting or the fuel tank is contaminated will give you fits. The air bleeds are so small that just a little rust or dirt will close the passages.

Rebuild the carb, but the fuel tank must be clean or you will just keep contaminating the carb, or ruining the filter all in minutes. As a temporary measure you can use a clean fuel can and a new hose and get 38 running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks