• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Essex HVMA first show.

dmetalmiki

We staged an all military event at a local town, It was a first time event and so we wre hoping for good weather and public attendances.
It was staged over 2 days Saturday and Sunday.
As we wre helping with the organising I had little time for taking pictures, but I did take shots of my collection which I ferried all my trucks from Wednesday onwards, to be on site for Thursday then commit to organising etc.
(After the dramas at war and peace it was SO nice and relaxing to drive the short journey to the event site in relays and thus drive everything owned.
We had over 300 vehicles on site by Friday and from all over the country, And entries from from Germany and Belgium.
Also to to camp and chill for the duration was nice, Wednesday night through to Sunday night, then ferry them all back again.
We are hoping this event takes off and look forward to larger public attendance next year.
The weather was terrible elsewhere, But we had a very windy but dryish Saturday, down on public, and a sunny not so windy Sunday with a good public attendance.

Attachments

Last edited:

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very impressive lineup of vehicles! They all look fantastic, I'll bet they were happy to get out and stretch their legs for the drive there and back.

And your wrecker looks good as new, probably better than new.

[thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Very Nice!

Do I remember correctly and you have an acquaintance that has a Range Rover? Did He get to participate?
We don't have a club member with a range rover, as membership is for ex Military vehicles only.
Perhaps you were thinking of that 'Land Rover' the invalided guy is (unbelievably) fixing up in our shop. (he is back for two weeks re building the engine, I will post when he is finished with the project,.

dmetalmiki

Very impressive lineup of vehicles! They all look fantastic, I'll bet they were happy to get out and stretch their legs for the drive there and back.

And your wrecker looks good as new, probably better than new.

[thumbzup]
No NO NO! After the War and Peace saga, I wanted to have ALL my vehicles on the field by the Thursday to enable preparing the site for all the booked in arrivals at the weekend. (Pictures to follow from other members when I have them of the site event when full).
(As) I (Absolutely) Love driving my trucks,

Diamond T 'A' bars a jeep.
Disconnect the jeep drive back (with it) and hook up tp the M62 Wrecker.
Again for the M54 Camper,
]... Fire truck,
Again for the...Well you get the (Happy) gist.
Happy days, Short trips No problems. (And the cat loved the show).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks