Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MV illegal on highway in Canada (Quebec)

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,911 Times in 1,573 Posts

Do you fellas and ladies have any favorite local media contacts? Many individuals making calls to local media across the States and having them call the number below to find out what the latest 'rules' are for tourists in Quebec may net some answers. Quebec is still not sure. A good journalist can make a special interest hobby ban news worthy.

I followed up with transportation and they chased me over to the 'permit' section suggesting I'd need to buy a class 5 permit for a 5 ton AMGeneral. I'd also need a class 5 permit for a motorhome. Those currently in or traveling to Quebec in a motorhome may or may not be fined if they do not have a permit. Quebec is still not sure and there's a lot of info to go through so neither am I.
    https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en...imensions.aspx

Those French lessons are paying off because the permit form can only be found in French.
    https://www.gpm.transports.gouv.qc.c...oixProfil.aspx
    https://login.microsoftonline.com/tr...nt-ver=5.2.1.0

Here's the number and the website where a person can pose questions to the correct transportation department.

1 888 355-0511 (everywhere in North America)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-03-2019)

Thanks

There’s a meeting today with Bonnardel in Quebec. So it’s time to call and send emails to make sure he understands this important issue for us

Thanks for the help
    JC

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

98G (10-10-2019), m1010plowboy (10-12-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-10-2019)

Thanks

Here’s a quick update.
    Some of us received their MV renewal papers. It’s no longer possible to have it registered as a regular vehicle.
    It’s now mandatory to have the restricted plate number starting with a C.
    So, one of us went and did the change and got caught on a road with a speed limit of 90 km/h. The cops said he can no longer drive on those roads.
    Please, send at least an email to the Ministry just asking about a possible road trip in Quebec this fall and what are the legislation.
    Nobody is answering emails or calls at his office nor at SAAQ.
    It’s getting harder now !!!

JC

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

98G (10-23-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-24-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcdostie View Post
    Here’s a quick update.
    Some of us received their MV renewal papers. It’s no longer possible to have it registered as a regular vehicle.
    It’s now mandatory to have the restricted plate number starting with a C.
    So, one of us went and did the change and got caught on a road with a speed limit of 90 km/h. The cops said he can no longer drive on those roads.
    Please, send at least an email to the Ministry just asking about a possible road trip in Quebec this fall and what are the legislation.
    Nobody is answering emails or calls at his office nor at SAAQ.
    It’s getting harder now !!!

JC

After talking to Quebec today I'm convinced this will get resolved to current MV owners satisfaction but future MV owners will see changes. Safety sense will prevail and we'll all have an opportunity to guide our MV future, it just continues to take time.

November 11th is going to be very difficult on a bunch of people that are working real hard to try and correct this. Everyone was digging to try and make this go away in September, then October and now, Remembrance Day. The rest of Canada will be honouring Veterans in our MV's and every province will be looking at Quebec, wondering why you're not out there with us.

Grandad and his brother fought in WW1. Grandads brother, Ralph Crickmay Ewing, still rests in the Regina trench in Vimy and Grandad made it home. Grandad and another guy survived a slaughter of 20 other men he was with when German guns ambushed them. That's why Grandad didn't talk much about the war.

Thanks to Grandad, we get to talk about the Quebec story and hope it's just days, not weeks or months when we write the final chapter.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

cwc (10-24-2019), jcdostie (10-25-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-25-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m1010plowboy View Post
    After talking to Quebec today
    Thanks for the update. You talked to which Agency ? Just to know

JC

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

m1010plowboy (10-25-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,248 Times in 7,683 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m1010plowboy View Post
    After talking to Quebec today I'm convinced this will get resolved to current MV owners satisfaction but future MV owners will see changes. Safety sense will prevail and we'll all have an opportunity to guide our MV future, it just continues to take time.

November 11th is going to be very difficult on a bunch of people that are working real hard to try and correct this. Everyone was digging to try and make this go away in September, then October and now, Remembrance Day. The rest of Canada will be honouring Veterans in our MV's and every province will be looking at Quebec, wondering why you're not out there with us.

Grandad and his brother fought in WW1. Grandads brother, Ralph Crickmay Ewing, still rests in the Regina trench in Vimy and Grandad made it home. Grandad and another guy survived a slaughter of 20 other men he was with when German guns ambushed them. That's why Grandad didn't talk much about the war.

Thanks to Grandad, we get to talk about the Quebec story and hope it's just days, not weeks or months when we write the final chapter.
    I encourage you to use that impending date as leverage to motivate by potential public outcry any elected, appointed, or hired official to GIT 'ER DONE! No bureaucrat likes that sort of negative fallout to be looming over their governmental employment security.

Still praying from Texas for your quick and satisfactory resolution to this situation.

John

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

jcdostie (10-25-2019), m1010plowboy (10-25-2019), MyothersanM1 (10-29-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

I like the smell of roses and it doesn't smell like roses. It smells better than blue cheese so on a scale of one to ten with cheese being ten and one being roses, it smells like campfire.
    Calming, warm and soothing but it's going to continue to need attention.

It was the background noise, even just the little phone calls, the constant push for facts, information and corrections that helped steer this. Thank you. When the girls answering the phone start saying..."Oh, it's you guys!"....we know we've done good. Once this has settled I'll post contact information so those who helped work through this can receive fair praise.

JC, keep us updated when you can. Until the letters come out the defensive condition is still high so there will be updates.

TRANSLATED LINK

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/10/29/vehicules-militaires--la-saaq-devrait-assouplir-ses-regles-1?fbclid=IwAR2QjfnfgSAh56RAl4xiMGTeZuGAnAQdOYX5F1h L16294KiQIkhehg8yy7I""""""""""""""""After two months of exchanges between owners of military-type vehicles and the government that wanted to restrict their use on the road network, both parties seem to have found common ground to settle the dispute.

About 1500 owners of military vehicles were furious with the SAAQ since August 22. For several weeks, the group has multiplied the steps and protests.

The Société de l 'assurance automobile du Québec decided to limit the use of these vehicles on public roads where the speed limit is equal to or less than 70 km / h. These vehicles were to be banned from highways, as well as on provincial roads where the limit is 90 km / h.

In the middle of summer, Transport Minister François Bonnardel signed a ministerial decree to this effect. When asked about the subject, the minister remained firm in his intention to ban their use on highways and provincial highways for security reasons.

However, exchanges have continued in recent weeks and the ministerial order could be amended soon.

Military-type vehicles should be able to access the entire road network once they have passed a certification by an independent engineer followed by a mechanical audit to ensure that the vehicles are safe.

For those registered before August 22, 2019, they will benefit from a three-year transition period to obtain certification.
    Modifications

The minister also intends to propose an amendment to the Highway Safety Code to establish the principles.

"We will believe in the good faith of everyone in this issue," said a relatively satisfied """"""""""""""""""

14. The Following User Says Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-30-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,285 Posts

Well, I guess.........................

could have been worse? Or still could be?? Only one stroke of a pen from happening here in the States. =-(
    God bless,
    Tony

16. The Following User Says Thank You to marchplumber For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-30-2019)

Thanks

The weird thing is I spoke with SAAQ yesterday (engineering department) for my motorhome project. They told me I cannot license my MV as a motorhome (RV). I asked why, they said it’s because it’s a Military Vehicle, that’s it !
    I taught a bit and asked if I keep the truck as a Heavy Vehicle. He said I can do the modification I want !

I simply don’t understand

JC

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (11-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,285 Posts

Ahhhhh, "Gooberment"......makes perfect sense, if you don't reason it out.
    God bless,
    Tony

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marchplumber For This Useful Post:

jcdostie (11-07-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (11-08-2019)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast