Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: MV illegal on highway in Canada (Quebec)

Thanks

Signed and donated and emailed questions to QB.
    For every one hundred men you send us,
    Ten should not even be here.
    Eighty are nothing but targets.
    Nine of them are real fighters;
    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
    And he will bring the others back.

Eddy from the Great White Northhttp://www.steelsoldiers.com/vbgooglemapme.php?lat=41.112468789181&lng=-95.2734375&zoom=4

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaw46 For This Useful Post:

m1010plowboy (09-11-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-11-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,848 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcdostie View Post
    Bonnardel is still hosting his BBQ next Saturday. Up to now, I will be there alone. Not very big pressure on him
    JC

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    You may need to represent many people that couldn't be there, but you won't be alone.

Responses like the reply from tourism are starting to cut into my travel plans. They didn't leave a toll free number but if it's a local number in Quebec, maybe the folks nearby can check to see if their friends can visit Quebec in their MV's.

Au nom de la ministre du Tourisme et députée de Berthier, Mme Caroline Proulx, j’accuse réception de votre message.
    Votre communication sera portée à l’attention de la ministre qui en prendra connaissance avec intérêt.
    Acceptez, je vous prie, l’expression de nos sentiments les meilleurs.

Sylvie Desrosiers
    Adjointe administrative
    Cabinet de la ministre
    Ministère du Tourisme
    Bureau 400
    900, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
    Québec (Québec) G1R 2B5

Tél. : 418 528-8063
    www.tourisme.gouv.qc.ca

Rough Translation

On behalf of the Minister of Tourism and MP for Berthier, Ms. Caroline Proulx, I acknowledge receipt of your message.

Your communication will be brought to the attention of the Minister, who will take note of it with interest.

Accept, please, the expression of our best feelings.

Sylvie Desrosiers

Administrative assistant

Minister's Office

Ministry of Tourism

400 Office

900 René-Lévesque Boulevard East

Quebec City, Quebec G1R 2B5

Such. 418 528-8063

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

jcdostie (09-11-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-11-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

Here's a little snippet below of a letter of support to the transportation minister of Quebec. That poor lad has tough decisions to make all day long. Offering him a ton of support to build confidence on reinstating Historical Military Vehicles could make his day easier. I asked for his position on the restrictions so I can better understand the reasoning. Maybe we can provide more reassurance that our vehicles are safe. It's better than all the nutball rumours that this was some crazy conspiracy to de-value a known inventory of registered historical vehicles so someone's friend could pick them up cheap.......or the one about the 'fear' the vehicles create when certain people see them so getting them off the streets was the only way to calm a segment of the population. Until we see official, written responses, the rumours up here are going to continue to stink. I hope he clears this up soon.

If someone has experience owning and operating a cool historical vehicle, a short email to the minister may go something like this.

Attention: François Bonnardel

communications@transports.gouv.qc.ca

"I fully support the minister in a decision to reinstate licenses to Historic Military Vehicles."

Here's a blurb....for the public record.

Mr. François Bonnardel

For the Public Record

I am a member of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA), the Alberta Aviation Museum and President of the Canadian Civil Defence Museum Association writing to you in a personal capacity at this time.

I want to keep this as short as possible so I have attached video links below to show the Historical Military Vehicles that we display over the entire continent. Your front-line staff asked for photos and dimensions of vehicles I might bring to Quebec and I don't need to do that at this time.

I have made travel plans to come to Quebec to work on several historical projects and the recent restrictions on Historical Military Vehicles have created some serious questions.

Am I welcome to Quebec in my historical military vehicle?

After contacting SAAQ, SQ and my travel bureau I was told to contact your transport department. The ladies answering the phones are fabulous and worked hard to see if the restrictions affected travelers. They did not have an answer and my holiday time is fast approaching.

I don't understand how historical military vehicles could be restricted so can you please explain your position on the "C" plate restriction?

My friend and neighbour, Nick Bulgar was killed in Afghanistan in protection of Brig.-Gen. Jonathan Vance ten years ago. Since that time I have freely traveled in Historical Military tribute vehicles and participated as a civilian in Military Base command changes, cadet events, airshows, parades in towns surrounding Edmonton and countless public events.

The organizations listed above preserve, restore and display Canadian and Continental history. The MVPA has worked tirelessly since the mid 1970's to ensure safety and public education were primary roles among its membership.

As an advocate for safety, I fully support reinstating the registration on historic vehicle collectors and let the current laws work as they have. Many of the vehicles in question including the M900 series of 5 tons, the Iltis, LSVW, CUCV, and Stewarts are fantastic vehicles to operate and preserve.

I trust that viewing a few seconds of any of the following videos will show you the vehicles we bring when we travel. Please advise me as soon as possible if I'm welcome in Quebec in my historical vehicles.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

mzak88 (09-12-2019), TheQuaker (09-13-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-13-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcdostie View Post
    Starting August 22nd, it's illegal to drive a MV on public road with speed limit more than 70 km/h in the province of Quebec.
    I have an Iltis and a M923A2 and received 2 letters from the Government Agency which regulates the permits for cars and truck.
    Here's the rules:
    1- Cannot drive on roads with speed limit more than 70 km/h
    2- We must cross at right angle roads that has speed limit of 70 km/h or more
    3- Mandatory mechanical inspection
    4- Change the plate number to a restricted vehicle
    5- Cannot have a turret or an anchor system for guns

Well, I must say those are the stupidiest rules I've seen so far in the province of Quebec.

I don't realy know what to do with that and my vehicles lost a great value with that now

JC
    Did you get a new letter yet?

This issue forced me to learn just enough French to make the girls giggle.

"Hello, the 'c' plate must go in the toilet."
    https://www.thefrenchexperiment.com/

bonjour, la plaque 'c' doit aller dans les toilettes.
    Once again, what a cool reception from the ministers front-line staff. If this gets corrected quickly, every one of those girls...and the minister of course....deserve accommodations. I saw some rumours on the net so had to ask. They agree la plaque 'c' doit aller dans les toilettes and don't know when. I was hoping you got something today however it's not over until JC sings. Let us know what you know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-13-2019)

Thanks

I’m away from home. Coming back tonight. I’ve heard about this rumour, but I don’t know yet.

I received a phone call yesterday from my deputy asking id SAAQ moved on something. I told them no. He asked if I’m willing to sign a proxy, so he can contact them directly for my file. I did that and I have no news since yesterday. Will enquire Monday.

On an other hand, Bonnardel decided to cancel his annual BBQ because of the weather

JC

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

m1010plowboy (09-13-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-13-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

Default AM General in the twi-light zone

I pasted the content of an AM General public statement reply below.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you for reaching out to AM General with your inquiry. Please see the attached statement from our Legal Department regarding the use of Humvees for civilian use. We wish you luck in your endeavors.

Regards,

Liz Carpenter

AM General LLC
    AM General LLC is a government contractor which builds High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs) according to military specifications provided by the U.S. Government.

HMMWV's meet military safety standards but are not designed, nor are required, to meet U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) or Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations. Accordingly, the HMMWV’s should not be driven on public roads. From 1992 until 2006, AM General produced a civilian version of the vehicle, called a HUMMER, which was built to commercial FMVSS standards. AM General cannot certify that the HUMMER meets the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations.

Military vehicles are given sequentially assigned six-digit serial numbers, while commercial vehicles were given coded seventeen-digit VIN numbers.

AM General does not recommend or support the civilian use of military vehicles.
    amgeneral.jpg

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

marchplumber (09-19-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m1010plowboy View Post

Thank you for reaching out to AM General with your inquiry. Please see the attached statement from our Legal Department regarding the use of Humvees for civilian use. We wish you luck in your endeavors.

Regards,

Liz Carpenter

AM General LLC
    AM General LLC is a government contractor which builds High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs) according to military specifications provided by the U.S. Government.

HMMWV's meet military safety standards but are not designed, nor are required, to meet U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) or Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations. Accordingly, the HMMWV’s should not be driven on public roads. From 1992 until 2006, AM General produced a civilian version of the vehicle, called a HUMMER, which was built to commercial FMVSS standards. AM General cannot certify that the HUMMER meets the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations.

Military vehicles are given sequentially assigned six-digit serial numbers, while commercial vehicles were given coded seventeen-digit VIN numbers.

amgeneral.jpg
    Wow!!
    That's a revelation, now isn't it?
    Thanks for worse than "nothing" AM General..
    God bless,
    Tony

14. The Following User Says Thank You to marchplumber For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,907 Times in 7,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m1010plowboy View Post

Regards,

Liz Carpenter

AM General LLC

amgeneral.jpg
    Now THAT has "Written By Lawyers" stamped in invisible ink all over it, doesn't it?!?!?!?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

marchplumber (09-20-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by USAFSS-ColdWarrior View Post
    Now THAT has "Written By Lawyers" stamped in invisible ink all over it, doesn't it?!?!?!?
    Typical CYA lawyer talk. Hmmm... I have seen a ton of these on the public roads. You mean to tell me AMG produced vehicles that were driven that were unsafe to Military personnel and civilians? Exempt huh? blah blah blah.....
    Remember that tiny cut you forgot about? Brake cleaner remembers.....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reworked LMTV For This Useful Post:

marchplumber (09-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-20-2019)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6