• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tail and marker lights

jimm1009

I want to replace the wiring in both tail lights and both front marker lights so
I am looking for a source for the contacts and insulators that are used in the lights that are crimped
or soldered onto the wires (light bulb contact). The reason for this is that I am smoking turn signal f
lasher units when I select the right side to flash. Effectively I have a short to ground and since the insulation
on my original harness is breaking down everywhere the wiring is being replaced throughout the entire truck.
I have a new front side harness and am going to build one for the back with a new mating connector.
If someone knows or has a source for this cannon plug used on the rear side I would be most grateful
for that as well.

Regards,
jimm1009 (Jim) aua

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to replace the wiring in both tail lights and both front marker lights so
I am looking for a source for the contacts and insulators that are used in the lights that are crimped
or soldered onto the wires (light bulb contact). The reason for this is that I am smoking turn signal f
lasher units when I select the right side to flash. Effectively I have a short to ground and since the insulation
on my original harness is breaking down everywhere the wiring is being replaced throughout the entire truck.
I have a new front side harness and am going to build one for the back with a new mating connector.
If someone knows or has a source for this cannon plug used on the rear side I would be most grateful
for that as well.

Regards,
jimm1009 (Jim) aua
Eriks Military Surplus

https://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/coandte.html

jimm1009

hey peeps, i scoured both sites and do not see those contacts.
Anyone know for sure where they hide them on websites?
Just to clarify, these are the contacts that touch the bulbs inside the lights
and not the packard connectors on the other end of the wire.
jimm1009 (Jim)

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jimm, I'm going to LED on mine, not the original fixtures. I'm running individual lines back to a control box that will have flasher controls, strobes and dimmers. You might want to consider something similar. I'm using 3 wire SO cord and soldering the connections...no joints to fail. Trailer connections go clear to the control box too, not T'd. Today's LEDs are opening a lot of lighting possibility but to take full advantage, they need individual wires to a controller.

As far as keeping organized...the bundle will be in a tig torch cover. I just ordered nylon in 1" dia and 1.5" dia.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jimm, I'm going to LED on mine, not the original fixtures. I'm running individual lines back to a control box that will have flasher controls, strobes and dimmers. You might want to consider something similar. I'm using 3 wire SO cord and soldering the connections...no joints to fail. Trailer connections go clear to the control box too, not T'd. Today's LEDs are opening a lot of lighting possibility but to take full advantage, they need individual wires to a controller.

As far as keeping organized...the bundle will be in a tig torch cover. I just ordered nylon in 1" dia and 1.5" dia.
These are a much better round light ,but the holes have be the right size . the lights you posted are bulb eaters ,with busted filaments from the rough ride.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks