• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M716 project

willo

I picked up a M716 today. My plan it to make it into a camping trailer.
trailer-m716.jpg

As it sits, it has 16 inch wheels with 285/75r16s, 7 pin trailer connector, LED lights across the back end, a Lockable battery/trailer box up front and we put the Pintle back on it for the tow home. note: I run 285/75r17s on my 4runner so the height is perfect.

I'm thinking of boxing the base in with a new set of risers for my RTT that I have in storage. It towed fantastically behind my 4runner with the pintle hitch.
Questions:
The PO put a carriage bolt in the pintle mount, should I get a proper sized pin (and where can I find it) or drill it for a 5/8 pin?
These look like maybe GM steelies? What's a good candidate for a spare wheel? Looks like 8 bolt gm style.
Is there a parking brake on there somewhere? I saw the brake line but I'm not sure where it goes... yet.

Finally, what's the best way to secure these trailers? I live in a great area but will have it on my somewhat vacant property where I'm building.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks