• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first running M38A1

Hi all. Haven’t posted here before but I finally picked up a replacement army Jeep! My first one burned up in Paradise, CA last November and is beyond hope of restoration. I did bring her to my new home though.

Anyways. Say hello to my new 1952 M38A1 barn find!

56B7F309-0E3A-4AA8-BEAE-A5D760F3E306.jpg

Last edited:
Arighty. I tried something different. Better? And yes it was a **** of a tragic event. One day at a time. I am actually naming this Jeep “Serenity” for two reasons. One because I hope it brings me peace and two because I am a nerd (Firefly).

SturmTyger380

Make sure you save and try to straighten that front bumper as it is the early short one and correct for your M38A1.

The original diagonal seam fenders are original and rare too.

Make sure you save and try to straighten that front bumper as it is the early short one and correct for your M38A1.

The original diagonal seam fenders are original and rare too.
I plan to keep everything that I can she won’t be a restore anytime soon. More of a running barn find. The only things I will replace are items that HAVE TO be replaced. Like the very leaky gas tank...

Saberr

One thing nice about engine is that its simple, hardest part is having to replace a lifter/tappet, then crank has to come out, so highly suggest you double/triple check your lifter/tappets are in excellent condition. Rest can be messed with with out removing engine basically.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks