• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vibration issues

JMcCann

I have an 84 m1009. Awhile ago it started leaking fluid really bad and noticed it was coming from my front drive shaft at the transfer case. Noticed shaft fell off and was only holding on by 1 bolt. Truck now vibrates like crazy at certain speeds. To my knowledge I thought the front shaft only engaged during 4wheel drive. Truck is not in 4wheel and hubs are free. What could cause it to fall off and why the vibrations?

BEASTMASTER

sounds like u're front bearing on the t-case is gone. remove the drive shaft which I presume u already did. drive it , see if u still got vibes . when I got my 5 t0n half the bolts on the front driveshaft were gone.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though you have not shifted into four wheel drive, the front shaft will normally turn while driving. Although it will turn at a much slower speed. Check you front hubs to make sure they have disconnected. Even though the may be in the free position. Try turning the yoke at the front diff while parked to make sure they are not stuck in the locked position. It appears that when you had the bolts come loose, it became out of balance causing your vibration. You may have damaged the front output bearing and possible bent the front drive shaft slightly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks