• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

handbrake cable

johan77

this weekend i will continue with the brakes on my tractor, but another question for you guys ,

i received today my handbrake cable , my truck has the "whale tail" handbrake lever wich i want to keep, the complete emergency brake set is still on its way so i have nothing except the lever and internet to compare if the cable is the right one for my type of lever.

It looks like the one in the TM 9-2320-209-20P, page 241, part n°11 and P/N 7373239

however when i google that one it shows a cable inside a sleeve with a grease point on it. mine , as you can see on the picture, is without the grease point and without sleeve. Also mine is adjustable on both ends and i was doing some reading on steelsoldiers and there they mentioned that the whale tail cable is only on one end adjustable.

Can you guys give me some assurance that this cable will fit ?

thanks for the help and patience !!!

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Has to be greased for longevity and for normal operation
At first I just thought that they sold you the cable itself whereas one removes the old broke cable and installs the new cable in the old sleeve, like a 65 Plymouth Valiant. Your photo does not show that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks