Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: KAMO rally October 11-13 2019

  1. #31
    4 Star General Buffalobwana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    274
    Thanked 707 Times in 438 Posts

    Default

    Oh, that’s not good. Good luck!
    Hunter, fisherman, international man of intrigue.
    M923A2 camo
    M923A2 Tan (for sale)
    M931A2 camo
    M105A2 sold
    Four M101A2 (3 are for sale)
    M1101 green
    M1101 Tan one - for sale
    Two M1082
    S-280 shelter
    Three very nice S-250 shelters - one for sale
    16.00ís and HEMTT rims - for sale

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buffalobwana For This Useful Post:

    98G (10-13-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-13-2019)

  3. #32
    Colonel
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 166 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Were about 20 miles out.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mattgunguy For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-13-2019)

  5. #33
    Moderator MWMULES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    DESOTO, KANSAS
    MVPA
    10023
    Posts
    5,394
    Thanks
    1,423
    Thanked 2,637 Times in 1,385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgunguy View Post
    Were about 20 miles out.
    Matt I know you and a couple others were thinking of another fall weekend for next year. As soon as you guys get it figured out and cleared with Dwayne let me know. Going to start running ads in magazines and various online sites so it won't be a last min deal like this year.
    Good seeing you and the family and everybody else that showed this year.

    98G made it after several hours of backing. 98g.jpg pics from Dave P, and his running 151 davep.jpg
    Last edited by MWMULES; 10-13-2019 at 13:17.
    HMIC of BEEFCO Industries world wide.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MWMULES For This Useful Post:

    98G (10-13-2019), aghumvee (10-13-2019), jasonjc (10-14-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-13-2019)

  7. #34
    Chaplain USAFSS-ColdWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas USA
    Posts
    16,740
    Thanks
    58,622
    Thanked 22,085 Times in 7,638 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98G View Post
    Don't trust GPS to get you there using the address in the first post.

    I'm now stopped somewhere I can't go forward and can't get turned around with an M925 and an M989A1 trailer.

    Sitting in front of somebody's RV with their dog barking at me.

    GPS takes you to the intersection pictured that it calls 650 and 175. Then when you go down what it calls 175 it dead ends at someone's gate.

    Attachment 779085
    Quote Originally Posted by MWMULES View Post
    Matt I know you and a couple others were thinking of another fall weekend for next year. As soon as you guys get it figured out and cleared with Dwayne let me know. Going to start running ads in magazines and various online sites so it won't be a last min deal like this year.
    Good seeing you and the family and everybody else that showed this year.

    98G made it after several hours of backing.
    98g.jpg pics from Dave P, and his running 151 davep.jpg
    98G (aka: John) is a good troop!
    I'm sure there has got to be a record somewhere on the books for backing up a 5-Ton + Steer-Axle type trailer.

    I suggest a special Medal be created and bestowed upon him for this accomplishment.

    You're a better man than most, John.

    I thing I might have cut the lock on that gate and risked hostile action before undertaking such a seemingly impossible recovery operation.

    APPLAUSE ! ! !

  8. #35
    Former SSG 98G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    AZ/KS/MO/OK, varies by the day...
    Posts
    4,282
    Thanks
    6,575
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 1,636 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFSS-ColdWarrior View Post
    98G (aka: John) is a good troop!
    I'm sure there has got to be a record somewhere on the books for backing up a 5-Ton + Steer-Axle type trailer.

    I suggest a special Medal be created and bestowed upon him for this accomplishment.

    You're a better man than most, John.

    I thing I might have cut the lock on that gate and risked hostile action before undertaking such a seemingly impossible recovery operation.

    APPLAUSE ! ! !
    Um, uh.... PM sent.

  9. #36
    Sergeant Major
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tulsa OK
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 94 Times in 56 Posts

    Default

    We had a great time, meet a lot of fun people and it was
    nice to put faces with names. Four wheeling Dave, John,
    ken, Rachel, Andy etc. lots of fun!! Look forward to next
    year.
    M35a3 with 53" tires, love them

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sue For This Useful Post:

    98G (10-14-2019), Flyingvan911 (10-14-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-14-2019)

  11. #37
    Colonel
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 166 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    I spoke to Dwyane before we had to leave Saturday. We are good for KAMO 2020, but I need to confirm a date. Late September or early October. Let me know what's good for folks & I'll get it locked in with him. I think I'm closest & am happy to make the drive to see him.

    Then we need to get the word out. Friends / family / coworkers / Facebook / MVPA. Whoever will go. I'm afraid that we're going to wither on the vine here & cease to be. Which would royally suck.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattgunguy For This Useful Post:

    98G (10-15-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-14-2019)

  13. #38
    4 Star General Flyingvan911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    4,642
    Thanks
    960
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 802 Posts

    Default

    I had a great time despite the van suffering a clogged catalytic converter. Thanks to everyone for helping me out. I wanted to stay until Sunday but decided to leave Saturday evening just in case the van had more issues. It was fine all the way home. The Mutt did great. D-Day is a great proving ground. It was especially nice to see the D-Day/KAMO family again.
    It is a poverty when a dictionary must die so a person may spell as they wish.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flyingvan911 For This Useful Post:

    98G (10-15-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-14-2019)

  15. #39
    Sergeant Major
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 58 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgunguy View Post
    I spoke to Dwyane before we had to leave Saturday. We are good for KAMO 2020, but I need to confirm a date. Late September or early October. Let me know what's good for folks & I'll get it locked in with him. I think I'm closest & am happy to make the drive to see him.

    Then we need to get the word out. Friends / family / coworkers / Facebook / MVPA. Whoever will go. I'm afraid that we're going to wither on the vine here & cease to be. Which would royally suck.
    I hope that it doesn't die out. It's the only rally I'm close enough to get to. I wasn't able to make it this year, unfortunately. The m51 lost the power steering on the way there. Hopefully next year will be the one.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric67camino For This Useful Post:

    98G (10-15-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (10-15-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •