• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KAMO rally October 11-13 2019

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Packed up bringing, stowage boxes, big Budd wrenches, couple of the 3 piece GI sleeping bags, Deuce cargo cover NOS tan, couple commodes and mermites. Leaving after breakfast in the AM.

sue

Hopefully be there by 2pm, if your not
familiar with the area, coming from the
west, fairland and from the east seneca
has your last minute supply’s.

Flyingvan911

The forecast shows the morning rain stopping early in the morning. Should be a dry weekend after that. It will be on the cold side but nothing we aren’t used to for this time of year.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't trust GPS to get you there using the address in the first post.

I'm now stopped somewhere I can't go forward and can't get turned around with an M925 and an M989A1 trailer.

Sitting in front of somebody's RV with their dog barking at me.

GPS takes you to the intersection pictured that it calls 650 and 175. Then when you go down what it calls 175 it dead ends at someone's gate.

Screenshot_20191011-144136_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Were about 20 miles out.
Matt I know you and a couple others were thinking of another fall weekend for next year. As soon as you guys get it figured out and cleared with Dwayne let me know. Going to start running ads in magazines and various online sites so it won't be a last min deal like this year.
Good seeing you and the family and everybody else that showed this year.

98G made it after several hours of backing. 98g.jpg pics from Dave P, and his running 151 davep.jpg

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't trust GPS to get you there using the address in the first post.

I'm now stopped somewhere I can't go forward and can't get turned around with an M925 and an M989A1 trailer.

Sitting in front of somebody's RV with their dog barking at me.

GPS takes you to the intersection pictured that it calls 650 and 175. Then when you go down what it calls 175 it dead ends at someone's gate.

View attachment 779085
Matt I know you and a couple others were thinking of another fall weekend for next year. As soon as you guys get it figured out and cleared with Dwayne let me know. Going to start running ads in magazines and various online sites so it won't be a last min deal like this year.
Good seeing you and the family and everybody else that showed this year.

98G made it after several hours of backing.
View attachment 779259 pics from Dave P, and his running 151 View attachment 779260
98G (aka: John) is a good troop!
I'm sure there has got to be a record somewhere on the books for backing up a 5-Ton + Steer-Axle type trailer.

I suggest a special Medal be created and bestowed upon him for this accomplishment.

You're a better man than most, John.

I thing I might have cut the lock on that gate and risked hostile action before undertaking such a seemingly impossible recovery operation.

APPLAUSE ! ! !

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G (aka: John) is a good troop!
I'm sure there has got to be a record somewhere on the books for backing up a 5-Ton + Steer-Axle type trailer.

I suggest a special Medal be created and bestowed upon him for this accomplishment.

You're a better man than most, John.

I thing I might have cut the lock on that gate and risked hostile action before undertaking such a seemingly impossible recovery operation.

APPLAUSE ! ! !
Um, uh.... PM sent.

mattgunguy

I spoke to Dwyane before we had to leave Saturday. We are good for KAMO 2020, but I need to confirm a date. Late September or early October. Let me know what's good for folks & I'll get it locked in with him. I think I'm closest & am happy to make the drive to see him.

Then we need to get the word out. Friends / family / coworkers / Facebook / MVPA. Whoever will go. I'm afraid that we're going to wither on the vine here & cease to be. Which would royally suck.

Flyingvan911

I had a great time despite the van suffering a clogged catalytic converter. Thanks to everyone for helping me out. I wanted to stay until Sunday but decided to leave Saturday evening just in case the van had more issues. It was fine all the way home. The Mutt did great. D-Day is a great proving ground. It was especially nice to see the D-Day/KAMO family again.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke to Dwyane before we had to leave Saturday. We are good for KAMO 2020, but I need to confirm a date. Late September or early October. Let me know what's good for folks & I'll get it locked in with him. I think I'm closest & am happy to make the drive to see him.

Then we need to get the word out. Friends / family / coworkers / Facebook / MVPA. Whoever will go. I'm afraid that we're going to wither on the vine here & cease to be. Which would royally suck.
I hope that it doesn't die out. It's the only rally I'm close enough to get to. I wasn't able to make it this year, unfortunately. The m51 lost the power steering on the way there. Hopefully next year will be the one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks