• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROWPU. 600GPH. Any of you guys have one or work on one?

Philratcliffe

Hi guys I just bought a ROWPU 600gph desalination system. It’s trailer mounted and powered by a fresh rebuilt mep 005 30kw generator.
I was wondering if any of you guys have one of these or have worked on one of these. I am Looking for operation manual for it. Pls advise if you know where I might find one. Thanks in advance for any help or info, Rm

Philratcliffe

Are you looking for the books on the gen set, or the rowpu.

What model and NSN? There are two, I think.
I’m not sure on the model it was just loaded into a container to be shipped. I have the manual for the 005. Looking for the operations manual on the water purification unit. I hope to have it here in about three weeks.
I bought two addl mep 005s and a pair of freshly rebuilt white 298 24valve Diesel engines as well as another mep 002 and a pair of fresh rebuilt 002 engines.
I run a pair of mep 002s 24/7/365. To power my small island hotel.
I will use the 005s at night to power the hotel with ac units and the rowpu which will probably run two times a month for 24 hours to fill my water tanks.
I will 2 002s in the day time
The rowpu will be be a game changer for me as it’s an island with no fresh water.

Philratcliffe

I have one as well, when I got mine the genny motor was seized up with carbon/wetstacking. Here is the video of it starting.

https://youtu.be/eYIebmttjZs

I have some parts available if needed.
That’s great you got it running. Insane amount of smoke from the wet-stacking lol.

Thanks so much on the parts offer. As soon as I get mine here I will let you know what all I need. I would like to buy spare pumps and the electric motors. Once I have mine up and running we will come to rely on it so want to get spares to keep here on site. It takes weeks to get stuff sent down from the states and clear customs here.

Thanks for taking the time to post up the videos.

I’m really fired up to get all three of my 005s running tip top also. Thanks again

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your profile location is Florida.
If you’re somewhere where Customs is involved and weeks for shipping arrivals then you need to update your location.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing was mentioned about citizenship.
Doesn't matter.

If you live in Florida, no action needed.
If you live elsewhere, update profile as required by forum rules.

Guyfang

Staff member
That’s great you got it running. Insane amount of smoke from the wet-stacking lol.

Thanks so much on the parts offer. As soon as I get mine here I will let you know what all I need. I would like to buy spare pumps and the electric motors. Once I have mine up and running we will come to rely on it so want to get spares to keep here on site. It takes weeks to get stuff sent down from the states and clear customs here.

Thanks for taking the time to post up the videos.

I’m really fired up to get all three of my 005s running tip top also. Thanks again
Should you need parts David can not help you with, there is a company called WATECH. They have many of these units and do service and parts.

Philratcliffe

Nothing was mentioned about citizenship.
Doesn't matter.

If you live in Florida, no action needed.
If you live elsewhere, update profile as required by forum rules.
I spend about 6 months in fl and 6 months in colombia. End of this year I finish construction at which time i will spend the minority of my time in fl

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
phil, i think he was talking to me, about having to remember what threads info is listed under.

Philratcliffe

phil, i think he was talking to me, about having to remember what threads info is listed under.
Ah ok. I don’t want to make anyone angry. I’ve been on the board a while just haven’t posted much. Thx.

Did you get my pm? I’m interested in buying your system for spares for mine. Let me know if you didn’t receive my pm with my email. Thanks again for all the help!

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks!

Or it could have been a senior moment. One of the good things about the army was that when I could not remember my own name, I simply look at my shirt.......................................................

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were good things about the Army, wasn't there? Kidding, I have MANY fond memories of time in service. How many gallon are your storage tanks? At 600gph it won't take long to fill. Can't imagine the nightmare of hygiene for the potable water, storage, chlorination, etc etc............. yet, where's there's a will, there's a way, so I've been told.

Philratcliffe

There were good things about the Army, wasn't there? Kidding, I have MANY fond memories of time in service. How many gallon are your storage tanks? At 600gph it won't take long to fill. Can't imagine the nightmare of hygiene for the potable water, storage, chlorination, etc etc............. yet, where's there's a will, there's a way, so I've been told.
My water tank is 20,000 gallons. But that water is heavily chlorinated for bathing washing clothes dishes etc. I’ve been paying a water boat to fill it twice a month.
I will also add a pair of 2,000 liter water tanks to store the potable water and run it thru. A UV water treatment system before it comes out of the faucet in my kitchen and both bars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks