• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator broken housing

m561gamagoat

I searched the forum but did not find a similar issue. After I replaced my lower radiator house I notice the alternator screw that holds the alternator house cracked off. Wondering if I can just find an housing and replace it, weld it or just replace it with an NOS unit (like $500) or an adapted civy one for bout $250. This ever happen to anyone else?

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This ever happen to anyone else?
YES. I replaced mine with a civilian alternator; puts out twice the amperage but weighs a fraction of what the stock unit did.

Glad you were able to find a replacement housing to fix yours.

davidb56

TIG weld it right on the spot. you don't even have to remove the bolt do do it, saving time having to rethread it. FWIW I was a 6GR certified pipe welder years ago.

m561gamagoat

I like the stock look generally. Actually I did locate a rebuilt mil alt from Sam Winer ($420 with a $200 core). I will replace the housing and bearing for now ($100). Seems like $420 is somewhat reasonable tho in comparison. Best part is I live near Winer Motors. Also I would love to be a great welder but I'm just ok. LOL Thanks to all for any input.

18operator

I like the stock look generally. Actually I did locate a rebuilt mil alt from Sam Winer ($420 with a $200 core). I will replace the housing and bearing for now ($100). Seems like $420 is somewhat reasonable tho in comparison. Best part is I live near Winer Motors. Also I would love to be a great welder but I'm just ok. LOL Thanks to all for any input.
That place is great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks