• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

POE/Mineral compressor oil

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’m not a chemist, but after disposing of wmo and dealing with the carbon build up associated, I’ve been **** bent on finding a sustainable alternative consumable with as little side effects as possible; the resulting product for me was compressor oil.

I have access to hundreds of gallons of this stuff annually, and due to the fact it contains trace refrigerants within in I still maintain epa compliance by gathering it into a barrel, heating it and evacuation down to sub 500 microns to remove the said refrigerant and help remove moisture. Burning refrigerant=Bad

So after it’s clean, and safe to process add 10% ethanol-free 87 to it, and centrifuge to <1micron to create a nearly crystal clear fuel! After burning in both an 8.3, LDT, 5.9 cummins, 7.3 Idi, I’ve come to find starting characteristics are good, smoke is almost non existent after warm up, and power is greater than straight diesel with advanced timing to take advantage of the slower combustion. Exhaust scent is very diesel like, and even a highly attentive nose wouldn’t sniff it out. Including electricity, Cost is less than .50 a gallon.

For all intensive purposes this is intended for off-road usage only and whatever you do with said information I’m not to be held liable for.

IMG_2236.jpgIMG_2236.jpgIMG_2236.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reset2

I also have about 15 gallons of ref oil and haven't tested it. Have you noticed any differences with either POE or mineral oil?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I also have about 15 gallons of ref oil and haven't tested it. Have you noticed any differences with either POE or mineral oil?

Test for acid, remove the trace refrigerant, and filter you should be fine. I have noticed the mineral is slightly more Smokey than the poe

reset2

Thanks the oil actually is new. Where I do HVAC work the supervisor didn't want to chance it since it was not known how old it was. Still in the metal 5 gal pals.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Thanks the oil actually is new. Where I do HVAC work the supervisor didn't want to chance it since it was not known how old it was. Still in the metal 5 gal pals.

Lucky for you! I’d add atleast 5% ethanol free to it to break the hygroscopic property of the oil and burn it! It is real bad about attracting moisture

reset2

Would the ethanol in reg unleaded pull the water out and participate to the bottom? Or do you know something I'm not thinking about.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I don’t deal with any ethanol fuel in mine tank due to the risk of pump damage and fuel lines rotting

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks