• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 vdc hydraulic pump question

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a hydraulic pump that is listed in the classified but I may be missing a label that gives me all the information I need to know about the exact functions of the valve.

If anyone recognizes the pump and has more information, please help me out. It appears to be a double action, power up and power down, but short of pumping fluid, I don't know.

The only tag is "Stone" pn 1793-AC but I can't find a pn for the pump itself. Similar ones on the Stone APX site have about 1.55 gpm flow in the 2000 to 4000 range. There is a tag that says 2300 psi.

I want to know if the double action valve can be used with a single action, gravity return dump cylinder that does not have power down.

If I'm not mistaken, Wes Simp had some for sale and maybe others, they came with a steel box and a pendant.

Anyone recognize this?

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have followed the number from the end of the valve to Bucher Hydraulics and pulled up the EMDV valve. It is a 4 way, three position valve. The pressure port is blocked in the center position and both A and B drain to tank. With one solenoid energized and the motor/pump running the cylinder would go up. When the down solenoid is energized, it will drain the A port to tank (and not operate the pump). Note it would not hold in the up position however unless another valve were added because the A and B ports drain to tank in the center position . In other words, press the button and it goes up but it will not hold there and will go down.

Google "Bucher EMDV valve" and the PDF comes up. I cannot link it

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump numbers are likely on the pump itself. If you pull the plastic tank off you should see them.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think for now, the information on the valve has given me enough information to know that it is a 4 way 3 position valve and that the pump will push a single acting cylinder up, but in the neutral position will connect A and B back to tank and lower it.

It requires a simple on-off solenoid in the line to make work (hold in place) in addition to this valve for a cylinder that pushes up only. And plug for port B.

I know Wes had one of these type pumps, so this applies to his units too (no guarantee). I did give him a couple of 2" dia cylinders ...which this power unit valve is great for, power in both directions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks