• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083A1 - Can someone identify this part please?

AKAustria

Hi Folks,

I have been enjoying the heck out of driving my resurrected Truck!
Got my door handles in today from ebay and they look good.
I also found them direct from the manufacturer, TriMark - $180 (ebay) spent, well worth it. Looking forward installing both of them and making my doors operational.

Here is my question!

I removed the front bumper to look into replacing it, including the headlights.
When doing so, I found in the front left area underneath the driver position something what appears to be broken, but maybe still functional.

Hopefully the picture will be enough for someone to tell what it is.

As always - your guys help is greatly appreciated!7FEE09E9-276A-4489-B199-778B9E16C52F.jpg

wandering neurons

Assuming that the black part in the lower-left corner of the photo is the steering box, and all the lines, fittings, and valves are under the driver's side of the cab, under where their feet would be, then the switch should be the low pressure transmitter. From the TM -365-24P, Figure 154, part number 6.

After doing some sooper-sloothing, I find that Haldex makes their part BE13241, a low air switch, closed at 0 psi, opens at 66 psi, that should be a direct match. YMMV (your mileage may vary), not responsible for inaccurate results, wash hands after using the bathroom, don't tug on SuprMan's cape (yes, the SS- Suprman), etc.
https://www.haldex.com/en/na/electrical/electro-pneumatic-switches/be13241/

Hi Folks,

I have been enjoying the heck out of driving my resurrected Truck!
Got my door handles in today from ebay and they look good.
I also found them direct from the manufacturer, TriMark - $180 (ebay) spent, well worth it. Looking forward installing both of them and making my doors operational.

Here is my question!

I removed the front bumper to look into replacing it, including the headlights.
When doing so, I found in the front left area underneath the driver position something what appears to be broken, but maybe still functional.

Hopefully the picture will be enough for someone to tell what it is.

As always - your guys help is greatly appreciated!View attachment 774522

AKAustria

Assuming that the black part in the lower-left corner of the photo is the steering box, and all the lines, fittings, and valves are under the driver's side of the cab, under where their feet would be, then the switch should be the low pressure transmitter. From the TM -365-24P, Figure 154, part number 6.

After doing some sooper-sloothing, I find that Haldex makes their part BE13241, a low air switch, closed at 0 psi, opens at 66 psi, that should be a direct match. YMMV (your mileage may vary), not responsible for inaccurate results, wash hands after using the bathroom, don't tug on SuprMan's cape (yes, the SS- Suprman), etc.
https://www.haldex.com/en/na/electrical/electro-pneumatic-switches/be13241/
THAT’S IT!
Awesome! Thank you!!!!!!
And, I will keep in mind not to tug but to wash.
Part is ordered!

Ronmar

IF that is the switch "Td" off of the uppermost two way check valve, it is probably the switch that controls the park and emergency lights in the dash annunciator panel(turns off the park/emer lights when park brake air is applied)...

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The terminals on these sensors are typically glooped up with RTV which only holds moisture underneath. Terminals are usually rusty/oxidized. Might check that first.

My reference is to leave the screw connections open.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks