• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug solenoid replacement

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use whatever you want to, just wire it accordingly.

Know that relays are not all the same.

The stock system and relay has an isolated ground relay. It is activated by grounding the relay coil(as the coil is isolated from the mount).

So, with the stock system wiring and relay, simply momentarily ground the light blue wire to ground and the relay should activate.

No need to remove any of the original wiring to do this.

mmcwill56

I'm trying to field wire this and get driving again . New elec fuel pump a plumbing from tank forward, new fuel filter base plumbed in and old steel lines removed, dog head done, fuel pump wired grabbed a hot off the fuse block single pole switch fused and grounded at pump. Been living in it for 3 weeks and at these repairs for 16 days, no shade on the asphalt here in Napa with temps into the 100s. I pulled the rectumfriers off the fire wall. Can I wire it direct from the front 12v battery to the 12v buss next to the solinoid?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks