• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A: Looking for a Mechanic in Virginia.

Growler Gator

Hey guys,

I am a new member here with an MEP-803A that I purchased about 1 year ago. I intend to hook it up to my house and use it as a back up generator during storms and outages.

Its 2010 Onan with 35 hours on it and seems to run great. I am new to this machine and I am no diesel mechanic so I would like to find any local mechanics who can work on these machines if I run into any issues in the future.

I am in northern Virginia, specifically the Fredericksburg to DC corridor. Anyone have suggestions for local mechanics anywhere in VA or MD?

Thanks for the help.

Zed254

I'm no diesel mechanic either, but have been hanging around this forum since just before I bought my 803 and 802 in early 2017 absorbing knowledge. You will get a MAJOR education on the 803A here.....if you read. Focus on your TMs first, then the filters and spare parts. In the TM section pay particular attention to the Quad Fuse Modification. Search the forum for questions you have if you can't find the answers in the TMs. Good folks here on SS ready to help.

Page 29/136 discusses Quad fuse here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?169771-Military-MEP-generator-reset-information

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks