• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MBUs and JP8

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be using the MKT at Bikes Blues and BBQ next month for four days, I have access to 16,000-18,000 lbs. of JP8 on site. I know the manual says JP8 is acceptable but has anyone really used it in a MBU?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From TM 10-7310-281-13-P of 17 May 2010, fifth page (including cover):

The MBU has been designed to operate with JP-8 and certain approved diesel fuels.
Only JP-8 or an approved alternate diesel fuel may be used.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
In 2008 (?) I helped inspect, repair and test 4 MKT's. We used JP8, because that's all the Army had/used at the time. Worked OK for us. In 2010 I went to a German/American fest in Graf. MKT's from two units cooked food, and used JP8. Everything was good. That all the troops down range had. Worked good.

sue

If this is a giveaway situation?
were in Tulsa and can use 2-3000 lbs. ?
Or just settle for some BBQ!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks