• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V Belt for larger PS pulley groove?

erasedhammer

Did the 12v conversion and deleted the driver's side alternator and now I'm trying to find a v belt that fits the larger groove on the PS pulley.

Anyone know the circumference difference between the inner and outer grooves on the power steering pulley?

I do not have a way to measure it.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the 12v conversion and deleted the driver's side alternator and now I'm trying to find a v belt that fits the larger groove on the PS pulley.

Anyone know the circumference difference between the inner and outer grooves on the power steering pulley?

You don't have any rope ?

ridenby

Could you share belt size you used? Please.

erasedhammer

IMG_20220616_185445_620.jpg
IMG_20220616_185509_776.jpg
IMG_20220616_185529_289.jpg
IMG_20220616_185603_442.jpg

Belt for the larger groove pulley is a Gates XL 7475 11A1205.

I would be hesitant about that exact belt. It is just a little bit too long. When the PS pump is tensioned, it is still a bit loose compared to the inner belt.
Haven't had any squeaks when turning though.

Id say if you could find a belt 5mm shorter, it might tension up better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks