• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify antenna/mast

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a mast, but can’t figure out what it is or goes/went on.

Its about 7’ long, retracted. Has the necessary mounting hardware. I have seen similar masts on S-280 shelters, but this appears different.

Anyone have info on this?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That appears to be an AB-1386/B QEAM antenna. It has multiple uses and can be mounted on whatever the user needs (vehicle, shelter, trailer, tripod).

The items you have with it look like trailer mounts, I'll have to check in my photos to confirm that.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done. I have looked and googled a lot of stuff. My google-fu is weak.

If you look closely, it looks like all the pieces are present in that picture.

The clamps that hold it are attached, even the Velcro clamp is there. (Close to the top).

Wire Fox

If you decide you don't need it, there's a spot in my garage that I'll clean out just for this. I've been gathering antenna masts lately and one of those QEAM units is on my lists, though it's not as high up on it now that I found an AB-577. The AB-577 is not nearly as quick and convenient, but it sure is nice on its own!

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I might consider that. Was thinking of putting it on my S280, but, I’ll entertain an offer.

Your PM box is full, BTW.

Wire Fox

Yeah, I might consider that. Was thinking of putting it on my S280, but, I’ll entertain an offer.

Your PM box is full, BTW.
140 Messages available now...sorry about that before
I believe he was making an offer to me, stating that he had one for sale in the event that you weren't selling/you wanted too much for it. That said, all my recent antenna and mast acquisitions have been for next to nothing. As much as I'd like this, the cost of the unit + shipping from Texas to Indianapolis would likely be too much. (A total expense of $300 is about my limit for this...)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks