• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wax job?

russojap

laughter (1) (1).gifYou have to be kidding, I don't think you could shine up CARC paint with less than 50 gallons of clear coat. I'm certain that even attempting to wax it would create the biggest mess you have ever seen. How would you even wipe it off, the paint is like sandpaper?

Last edited:

tobyS

Don't think so. Most wax has silicone so our spot repairs won't stick right....and yes, camo is flat.

I use used synthetic motor oil and brush it some places (then wipe off). WD-40 too. But then leaves rag lint.

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it would depend on what kind of paint you have and how much time you have to work all the variable shapes around the truck. I know it wouldn't work on my truck, but if you've got some more conventional paint on yours, meh, go for it.

I mean, if you treat it like a show truck, why not have it look like one. I have plans for a custom paint job, but I don't ever think I'll be waxing it, if only because I'm too lazy.

Last edited:

nwestwood

Ok, now that I have powerwashed this beast and really looked at the paint.... your right, its not gonna wax up and is not meant to be waxed up. Well I had to ask.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, now that I have powerwashed this beast and really looked at the paint.... your right, its not gonna wax up and is not meant to be waxed up. Well I had to ask.
You could always apply a dozen layers of clear coat and wax that up. Again, it's your truck if you want it to look shiny, more power to you, it's not like you'll be going to war in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks