• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has bypassed the oem breaker in an 002 and mounted an external breaker?

Philratcliffe

Looking at trying to simplify my 002s. I only use them in single phase 240v setting. I use them to power my hotel so they will carry the same load day in and day out.
I’d like to wire the gen output leads into 240v single phase with an external breaker box. eliminate the single phase three phase switch and oem breaker and voltage regulator to modernize the unit. Once it’s sorted do the same for any of my other 002s that won’t carry the max load. I would wire up the voltage gage and a hertz gauge and amps.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just use it as is? You can still feed to a subpanel with a breaker there.

Have you ever looked at all the wiring attached to the configuration switch? It is extensive.

I can't think of any good reason to actually eliminate the parts you suggest you want to remove.

dependable

Taking the twelve leads off the gen head and wiring in a 240V configuration should be relatively easy. Getting the gauges to work after that would be a challenge. Seems like you would essentially be eliminating the control box and the output box. It would then be similar to civilian Onan model, a DJE I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks