Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Buying a humvee off of gov planet

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
    May I ask what is his infatuation of driving one of these on the street? They suck for everyday use. I spent most of last week driving a M1097 heavy variant on the roadway (its plated of course) and its not fun at all. Its cool every once in awhile on a sunny day but otherwise its not fun or practical for all the reasons already mentioned. They are special purpose vehicles not DD's. It would be punishment to be stuck driving one on the roadways on a daily basis.
    I would disagree.... I have 3, restored and sold 7 and drive mine every day for 4 years now and will never go back to my grand cherokee. If I want leather seats, I can drive the wife's range rover velar which I like less compared to my Humvees

The only negative for me is the fuel mileage on them, even with a modern diesel. So just because you hate it, doesn't mean they cant be regular daily drivers if properly maintained and restored. I see plenty of cars on the road that are less safe than a hmmwv. Although in the OPs situation, I'd probably agree on not owning one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donquijote For This Useful Post:

98G (09-22-2019), Awol (09-22-2019), HUNvee (09-23-2019), TOBASH (09-22-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,255 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donquijote View Post
    I would disagree.... I have 3, restored and sold 7 and drive mine every day for 4 years now and will never go back to my grand cherokee. If I want leather seats, I can drive the wife's range rover velar which I like less compared to my Humvees

The only negative for me is the fuel mileage on them, even with a modern diesel. So just because you hate it, doesn't mean they cant be regular daily drivers if properly maintained and restored. I see plenty of cars on the road that are less safe than a hmmwv. Although in the OPs situation, I'd probably agree on not owning one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I have been lucky to see his hmmwv's and I will add they are sharp squared away trucks.
    1984 M923 "Maj. Zippidy" who now is equipped like a M925A1
    1991 M998 HMMWV

1990 Kasel M101A2
    1968 Case Master M101A1 with fuel tank and gen set up
    1991 Eastern Technologies M105A2
    60's ? m116a1? radar trailer flatbed
    xm1073 flat bed 7 1/2 ton

"Success demands a high level of logistical and organizational competence."
    - General George S. Patton, Jr

Thanks

Daily driver not so much, unless chasing bad guys in a sand box. Lately mine as been a daily fixer, LOL. CAMO

Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 Times in 1,641 Posts

I used mine as a daily driver for several months. I would happily do so again, and plan to.

But my priorities are not the same as the OP's.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 98G For This Useful Post:

TOBASH (09-22-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
    May I ask what is his infatuation of driving one of these on the street? They suck for everyday use. I spent most of last week driving a M1097 heavy variant on the roadway (its plated of course) and its not fun at all. Its cool every once in awhile on a sunny day but otherwise its not fun or practical for all the reasons already mentioned. They are special purpose vehicles not DD's. It would be punishment to be stuck driving one on the roadways on a daily basis.
    I think many here would disagree.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Awol For This Useful Post:

TOBASH (09-22-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,267 Times in 2,144 Posts

I pretty sure now this is one of those CIA SEC HS pages just seeking information to put in that big puter.
    I not snopes but this is all BS
    Facebook_CIA.wmv
    I was here, had a good time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5