• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a humvee off of gov planet

donquijote

May I ask what is his infatuation of driving one of these on the street? They suck for everyday use. I spent most of last week driving a M1097 heavy variant on the roadway (its plated of course) and its not fun at all. Its cool every once in awhile on a sunny day but otherwise its not fun or practical for all the reasons already mentioned. They are special purpose vehicles not DD's. It would be punishment to be stuck driving one on the roadways on a daily basis.
I would disagree.... I have 3, restored and sold 7 and drive mine every day for 4 years now and will never go back to my grand cherokee. If I want leather seats, I can drive the wife's range rover velar which I like less compared to my Humvees :)

The only negative for me is the fuel mileage on them, even with a modern diesel. So just because you hate it, doesn't mean they cant be regular daily drivers if properly maintained and restored. I see plenty of cars on the road that are less safe than a hmmwv. Although in the OPs situation, I'd probably agree on not owning one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would disagree.... I have 3, restored and sold 7 and drive mine every day for 4 years now and will never go back to my grand cherokee. If I want leather seats, I can drive the wife's range rover velar which I like less compared to my Humvees :)

The only negative for me is the fuel mileage on them, even with a modern diesel. So just because you hate it, doesn't mean they cant be regular daily drivers if properly maintained and restored. I see plenty of cars on the road that are less safe than a hmmwv. Although in the OPs situation, I'd probably agree on not owning one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have been lucky to see his hmmwv's and I will add they are sharp squared away trucks.:tank::tank:

Awol

May I ask what is his infatuation of driving one of these on the street? They suck for everyday use. I spent most of last week driving a M1097 heavy variant on the roadway (its plated of course) and its not fun at all. Its cool every once in awhile on a sunny day but otherwise its not fun or practical for all the reasons already mentioned. They are special purpose vehicles not DD's. It would be punishment to be stuck driving one on the roadways on a daily basis.
I think many here would disagree.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks