• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV A0 interior door handle project

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did and search and found nothing on this, so here goes. I finally had enough of the funky aluminum paddle we use to open our doors from the inside. Don't laugh, but I spent hours looking at every Dorman plastic door handle in the online catalog, and found very little possibilities. My German friend also says that Steyer truck parts are difficult to get from MAN, so I came up with something else.

I ordered a couple of Dorman handles that looked like they would match my newly made black Kydex door panels. Then I found a couple of Chevy door handle adapters (made for hotrods)
on our favorite online auction site. The inside of the adapters matched the diameter of the stock splines and had a set screw to hold them on.

Using some two part epoxy, I partially filled the mounting holes in the new door handles and inserted the adapters. In 6 hours we will know how they look and work.

Total invested about $60.00..

IMG_4786.jpgIMG_4785.jpgIMG_4784.jpg

Pointman

coachgeo

idea to consider for even more longevity..... use the rest of the JB... or a different JB paste/epoxy and fill the voids in the handle to add strength... aka.. make them solid instead of hollow with baffles and they should last forever

Last edited:

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the initial fit, and enlarging the hole in the door panel, we may have a winner here.
I needed to add a slot in the door panel and use a ball-tipped Allen wrench to tighten down the set screw. Will post pics of the completed
fitment but so far its looking great!

Next project for the doors is adding the wiring from OhioBenz to power up the new Cascadia rear view mirrors, stay tuned..

Pointman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks