Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Buying a MK23...Am I making the right decision?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonM934 View Post
    Elijah95,

Why did you buy a truck from CA when you live in Georgia and they sell the MTVR there too?

BTW, that is a great photo. Thanks!

Jon
    So the truck ran out great on the trip! It handles so much better than my m923a2 much more power, better brakes, better ride, factory air ride seat, Amber was more comfortable as a passenger, the jake brake is very nice, the entire truck is highly functional and perfect for getting the job done. The cab is quiet and comfortable, it was designed to do EVERYTHING a 5 ton could do but 5x better and it shows! All of these are lacking in maintenance so that is to be considered and parts are significantly higher but worth it. Truck averaged 5.7 mpg at 65mph weighing in at 53k

The reason I bough a Cali truck was here In Georgia they have a lot of nice runners down there but itís pissing me off that they are intentionally selling 1 runner and 4 non-runners every week so everyone fights tooth and nail over a single runner thatís missing assorted parts with warning lights on and tires less than 20% paying $15,000++++ for them before fees and itís RIDICULOUS. Shoot most Georgia trucks were missing the turret hole cover too which means theyíve been rained on for months, also rust, it turned me sour. Their marketing is on point for milking every single penny out of a truck.

I just wasnít willing to spend more than 10k for a runner missing parts. I wanted a complete ready-to-roll truck in the <15k price range even if I had to travel the entire country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1974 AMG M35a2 Wo/Winch, Spin ons, White LDT & Whistler, G177's, H1 seat, LEDs, previously a Georgia DOT truck

1990 M923a2, super singles, soft top, fuel turned up
    Wanted: 900 series hard top, RT-524, (1) front ctis wheel valve

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elijah95 For This Useful Post:

007 (09-25-2019), FloridaAKM (09-27-2019), JonM934 (09-24-2019), Merc1973 (09-24-2019), NDT (09-24-2019), tennmogger (09-28-2019)

Corporal
    Thanks

WOW! Elijah95 lots of good into, thanks! I was going to ask about the MPG because I plan to drive mine from Barstow to Salt Lake City. So empty maybe the truck will get 6+ MPG. Not too bad in my opinion.

I agree with you about the GA trucks VS the CA trucks. I would rather have a truck from a dry place than from a wet place.

Jon
    Soon to own a 7 Ton MTVR. I hope. I pray.

Thanks

Iíve started my own YouTube channel, and my recovery thread is going to be updated with repairs, maintenance and the general build of the truck post-recovery. Like and subscribe!
    1974 AMG M35a2 Wo/Winch, Spin ons, White LDT & Whistler, G177's, H1 seat, LEDs, previously a Georgia DOT truck

1990 M923a2, super singles, soft top, fuel turned up
    Wanted: 900 series hard top, RT-524, (1) front ctis wheel valve

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah95 For This Useful Post:

BKubu (09-27-2019)

Sergeant
    Thanks

Elijah or anyone else.... can anyone give me dimensions of the mtvr? I have a hangar that I am going to configure to park one. I have seen about 26 long? Can anyone confirm the length and height? I have 30' deep and 12' door height, would like to know if the exhaust stack will clear and if I have to move shelves out of the back. Width is less important but I am curious what they are with/without mirrors Thanks!
    Last edited by Navy dude; 09-27-2019 at 14:37.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 717 Posts

Howdy,

Go to the horses mouth for info.

Oshkosh defense vehicles mtvr-mk23-and-mk25-standard-cargo-truck

Product sheet and MTVR brochure
    ~~Later Mike

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daybreak For This Useful Post:

Navy dude (09-27-2019)

Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
    Howdy,

Go to the horses mouth for info.

Oshkosh defense vehicles mtvr-mk23-and-mk25-standard-cargo-truck

Product sheet and MTVR brochure
    Thank you for posting that..... although I have seen it and I can't find exact dimensions anywhere. I have seen discussion on it but I have never seen concrete height measurements including the stack. Ultimately I suppose it comes off easily enough or I can modify but hoping someone who has one could throw a tape on it.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy dude View Post
    Thank you for posting that..... although I have seen it and I can't find exact dimensions anywhere. I have seen discussion on it but I have never seen concrete height measurements including the stack. Ultimately I suppose it comes off easily enough or I can modify but hoping someone who has one could throw a tape on it.....
    They have the dimensions listed on the Product Sheet link. https://oshkoshdefense.com/wp-conten...SS_6-13-11.pdf

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomadic For This Useful Post:

Navy dude (09-27-2019)

Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    They have the dimensions listed on the Product Sheet link. https://oshkoshdefense.com/wp-conten...SS_6-13-11.pdf
    Ah, thanks guys, I stand corrected.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navy dude View Post
    Ah, thanks guys, I stand corrected.....
    The width is quite impressive. Out in Utah dispersed camping in the National Forest, I went hiking on a 4X4 trail and took a tape measure to see how wide of a truck I could get in there. The narrowest part of the trail that looked like a jeep only section was 9'. Tree on each side and the road was dug into the ground. Most sections were 10' or more, but it looked like a narrow trail on foot. It looks like the MTVR would have fit as it is only 8.1' wide. I didn't measure the hight of the tree branches though I want one of these MTVR's to live out of in the country. It would be bad ass to drive around in one out here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6