• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signal cancel ring

m998tom

anyone have a lead on a turn signal cancel ring. I just cant seem to spend $27 plus shipping on something so simple but maybe I am cheap. Im probably cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

AOR

anyone have a lead on a turn signal cancel ring. I just cant seem to spend $27 plus shipping on something so simple but maybe I am cheap. Im probably cheap.
I purchased the real deal I only like to do things the right way but someone told me you can use 2 screws to do the same function

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I usually prefer OE/OEM. I called RWH, and he said I need to change out my steering column in addition to steering wheel to use OE ring. Lots a work. Lots a $.

SO. decided to make a wooden ring of correct size, cut in half and hold to the steering wheel with screws and epoxy, and drill a few holes to place plastic nails through to cancel the signal. I won't use screws as they will wear through the plastic in the canceling thingy.

When I make it, I will shoot a few pics.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I saw somewhere that someone had made one out of PVC pipe. I thought about getting one, but with having it setup as a slantback with X doors, that dang indicator light is blinding to me I never forget about it on the HMMWV.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a Grant steering wheel and adapter hub on my M1045A2. I just installed 2 roll pins in the process and it works great.

Wire Fox

I saw somewhere that someone had made one out of PVC pipe. I thought about getting one, but with having it setup as a slantback with X doors, that dang indicator light is blinding to me I never forget about it on the HMMWV.
Ain't that the truth. The worst fate to suffer: needing to have your 4-way flashers on at night, rolling miles and miles down the highway. I just rest my left hand over the ****ed flasher indicator and drive one-handed until I need to actually turn. Otherwise, it's an hour of being blind 50% of the drive.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ain't that the truth. The worst fate to suffer: needing to have your 4-way flashers on at night, rolling miles and miles down the highway. I just rest my left hand over the ****ed flasher indicator and drive one-handed until I need to actually turn. Otherwise, it's an hour of being blind 50% of the drive.
Duct tape, painters tape, light bulb removal, an old sock, and even tinfoil can block out that light. Just sayin’

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Duct tape, painters tape, light bulb removal, an old sock, and even tinfoil can block out that light. Just sayin’
It's perfect in the daylight, which is 95% of my driving, so no sense in permanent modification/disabling. I still want to see the blink at night, just not as bright... Maybe I'll make a second little cap for night use, or just slap a piece of tape on the top of it just to not be beamed in the face.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's perfect in the daylight, which is 95% of my driving, so no sense in permanent modification/disabling. I still want to see the blink at night, just not as bright... Maybe I'll make a second little cap for night use, or just slap a piece of tape on the top of it just to not be beamed in the face.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Might I suggest a few thin coats of dark green automotive spray paint? Just like with hidden rear lights on modified classic cars, it will darken the light but not totally kill it. Or a few pieces of 30% window tinting

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Nothing a little black tape wouldn't fix. Wrap the bulb or LED so only the tip is clear or slip a plastic sippy straw over it or peice of shrink sleeve or paint it out a bit or ....

Cat skinning is easy. Light dimming easier, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks