• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20,000lb winch question

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi there, I have a line on a very nice 20k front winch with levelwind off a m813. Want to put it on my m931, I know I have to get all the hydraulic components but my question is will the hydraulic motor bolt up to the older style shaft driven winch?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi there, I have a line on a very nice 20k front winch with levelwind off a m813. Want to put it on my m931, I know I have to get all the hydraulic components but my question is will the hydraulic motor bolt up to the older style shaft driven winch?
Yes. Member 162Tcat has a few motors

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the winch assembly itself is exactly the same. Adapter parts and -numbers are described in TM 9-2320-272-24P-2, Fig. 470.

Some pics of those parts can be seen here, also.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also pulls 62.5 hp, full load, at the pump rated max of 2700rpm.
I can’t remember the pto ratio but I’m thinking at the maximum 1800rpm engine speed while operating the winch, the pump probably runs at 2700?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks