• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Inverter is DOA

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting the MKT ready for Bikes, Blues and BBQ at the end of this month when 350,000 motor cyclist will pass by the museum. First time I have done anything to it sine a acquired it 4-5 years ago. Other than needing a good dusting everything else seems there including the 2K gen. set! Hooked MBUs up but the inverter is dead! It does nothing when attached to 110 power! A friend is going through it now to see if he can determine the fault, is there a good hack out there to try and resurrect the unit???

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had one several years ago that was dead, CGarbee said he had an electronics wizard, so I got it to him, but have heard nothing since. Really, any inverter that will put out 1200 watts of 28V DC will do the trick as long as it does not get wet and you can modify the output lugs to feed the MBU cables. You could even use two inverters - 800-1000 watt for the griddle side and 400-500 for the stove side as each MBU needs 200 watts at above 27 volts to operate correctly.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my bud can't resurrect this one I intend pulling the two output plugs off of it and buying a commercial unit. I just like to keep things stock, but it looks like we will be using the MKT a good bit so I need it to be reliable without a lot of up keep!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks