• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress update on m1088A0

Reworked LMTV

Progress on M1088:
1. Long range antennas
2. Hydraulic / electric 2000# winch hoist
3. Mortar shell cases with retrofitted tug air horn, hot H20, air intakes (in progress)
4. LED headlights
5. Electric heated mirrors (in progress)
6. Leather air seats heated
7. AC (in progress)
8. 60,000 # snatch block
9. Replacing air hoses (in-progress)
10. 5th wheel removed
11. 25kw industrial 24/7/365 gen head with Hatz Diesel (in-progress). For AC in RV and welder, plasma cutter, etc.
12. Spare tire hydraulics replaced
13. True hydraulic system - air over hydraulic delete (in-progress)
14. 78 Gallon add-on tank (in progress, need straps)

Attachments

Reworked LMTV

I hope this thread comes across in the spirit of sharing ideas, rather than "Look at me, I'm bad, uh huh!"
Hope we can get more picts of everyone's vehicle. I think there are some real interesting variations in approach to design, re-design, particularly addressing the the trucks shortcomings. I have learned a lot from the generosity of others on this site. It is not lost on me : )

Reworked LMTV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LH-RH-side...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Have not hooked up the wires yet. Casting quality where mirror meets small arm is marginal, but would grind out easily. You MUST reinforce the doors for these. You can get the plates from Ohiobenz on here for $100. He also has harnesses. The closer you place the mirror to the front of the door, the less wobble potential. I also welded a piece of stainless my driver's side door. That really stiffened it up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks